DC's Vet Trip - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

DC's Vet Trip

Well my baby DC when to the Vet last Friday with what was found out to be a urinary problem or Blader infection. He had seemed weird Last Monday but that evaning at my parents he was fine and all day Tuesday. Wendnesday is when he started acting really wierd again and staying in the litter box. Well then he got out of the litter box he peed on the floor and there was blood in his pee. So I called my vet and Friday was the the only day she could get him in becuase he was still eating and drink normaly. But Thursaday he stoped latter in the eavaning eating or drinking anything.
The gave him some special food calledUrinary SO and Amoxicillin 100mg. I asked her is this was from the food I have him on or anthing he could have ate or gotten into unknown to us. She ashured me it was proably not from food but becuase he is somewhat and older cat but to keep him on this food for a while and after the meds and he clears up slowly switch him back to see if its food. Also he had worms and was just wormed this augest and never showed signs and she said that that could be a facter and some cats dont show signs of things when they start. So she gave him some worm meds with something in it and a nother dose for the 27th.
Need less to say that the next day DC was eating like a pig and back to his old self and not staying in the litter box. I am to make and opintment or call when he get his worm meds on the 27th for a follow up. Granted I have to put DC were he can get his food and then feed the other 3 Gem Angus his Brother and our little Orphan we kept Ash Can while he eats Which is about 5 to 6 times aday or more but all our cats nip pick as in they will eat a few bites then go off. The only time they stay longer is when they want more. I'm glad my little Budda cat (budda is the nick name I call him becuase he is fat like a budda) or my fat cat is back to his self which is being lazy in his chair. LOL
Diamond

DC on the bed the night before the vet.

DC protesting that Morrning. The towls behind him were for his carrier. I alsways take a few extra incase they get sick.

DC a couple of day after the vet trip in HIS chair. He was not happy becuase I just gave him his pill. also sporting his new color grandma got him when she came to see how he was doing.

DC a little later on today. Mom decited to get him a color and got a key chain with blue crosses to wear for good luck to get better.
DC is doing good and I hope that it stays that way. I know when he goes back he's gonna hate it again but he was a good boy though.
Diamond
PS I think he still looks mad at me becuase I gave him a pill. They are coated and you just push them down his moth. which is quiker and lot less mess then liquid.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I think you are in the wrong place buddy.
You are the weirdest cat I ever seen.
Now matter how big or small wierd or normal we or animals may be we can learn to love and get along and love is what makes it all worth wild. Becuase Beautie is in the eye of the beholder an no one is ugly or more prettyer then anything eals we are all equal. There are some ugly people and things but that is becuase man kind makes them this way do to thier actions.

Last edited by Diamond01; 11-18-2009 at 05:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-26-2009, 09:31 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Oh poor DC, hope he will recover fully soon. He still looks like in his naughty and confident self..

"Play with me and keep me busy! You have your work, your entertainment, and friends. I only have you! " - Unknown

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Visit -
- for fun and tips for pets!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009, 10:45 PM Thread Starter
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

DS is doing a lot better. He is even back to anoying his brother. LOL he has to be keep on the special hard food or can food for a year. The hard is 22 a bag and the can food is 1.50 is bt royal canin or something like that. Now I cant get him to really eat the hard food but I can the can but is I can aford it for a year there are other can foods that my vet sugested to keep him on and she will send me stuff I can give him to chew on that wil keep the tarter off his teeth. He can have friskeys or Fancey feast if I run out of the can foods or dads cats food for some dry here and there if I he dont eat the hard food but not a lot. His PH in his uren is to acity it needs to be 6 or 7 between that.
She also told me I can call the royal canin peopel adn ask them what cheeper market brand of cat food that is close to it to get or house hold cooked foods that will help. or I can take the ingredents as in write them down and it will take some looking around but compare the ingredents and try to match it up as close as posible or go to a pet store or food suply and check stuff out. its to much ot order stright from the company and the orer place she gave me to order from I can get it from her but she was trying to save me a trip over by havign it ordered.
Granted she said that getting hard and caned food that comes close is not her 1st choise but since he is not bad and as in half dead and I cought it in time that he should be ok and at lest every 3 months get his checked to make shure were still good he may bouce back in the next couple of weeks after his meds she said which some cats do becuase there very hardy some times whith problems but we have to check to make shure. He has 2 more weeks of pills I think left then a nother vet trip.
We are hope the vet and I that he dont relaps and go the other way and have or develope stones so that is why she wants him on certion foods to bring his PH leavels down and then to regulate it and get it to stay there.
DC's exspression looks like he is a little devil but he is a sweet angel. HE is the only cat that attually likes other people is not scared when we go some were like the vets or a friends to visit he acts the same as in normale except when he dont feel good then he likes to hide his head or try to under my arm when carring him. But other then that he is a very out going people friendly cat. I took him in to the vets inmy arms and she handeled him gave him fluids and took his temp and he just layed there like pet me. he only struggled and wanted down when she quirted wormer the liquid in his moth he hates that. Any liquids meds or what not he hates that and will trow a fit he will not put his sinck his claws in or scratch unless by acsodent getting away but pill he is ok with becuase its quiker and he dont like it but I open his mouth shove and done and he is back on his chair or playing with the new kitten. OR being up MOMS BUTT (me) lol he can be anoying at times. But that look in the last pick was of him still mad at me becuase i gave him his pill put him the the carrier before that to eat his not so favorit food. Granted he dont like the pill and dont fight me as much like a liquid but he still gets mad at me becuase I dont like taking meds when sick so I know what he feels like. lol.
I'll update his progress a little further on and then what the vets next trip says. to keep you all updated. well thats about it for know. He just went down to my patents with me for thanks gving and the rats I took with me got a little but non of the cats did becuse DCs cant have any and I know he was mad at me for not getting trucky or stuffing, ( he likes stuffing) but he got over it and layed beside me to go night night.
Diamond

Now matter how big or small wierd or normal we or animals may be we can learn to love and get along and love is what makes it all worth wild. Becuase Beautie is in the eye of the beholder an no one is ugly or more prettyer then anything eals we are all equal. There are some ugly people and things but that is becuase man kind makes them this way do to thier actions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-29-2009, 01:51 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

UTI's are quite common in male cats - especially in older cats, as well.

Make sure his food doesn't contain apple as an ingredient, as that can lead to Struvite crystal build up in his urinary tract.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

OK thanks. DC is doing great finished his meds on monday and has a check up next month. He still has to eat his food but he can have dads hard food, just a bit becuase he is supose to be kept on his Friskeys or fancey feast. If I run out of his food that he is supose to have. So I switched all my cats to dads and they are attually doing better and less using the litter box as in not as much they are not gorging them selves on food, as in eatting more, and there coats look better and they have agined some weight but they always do threw the winter. Plus they seem more content.
So all seems good right now. Plus I have never had problems with dads dog or cat food in the past for any of my pets or old roy dog food for the dogs. Dads, friskies and kabotol for the cats have never given me a problem.
Diamond

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 06:53 PM
Hello Earthling

Those are all terrible food (although I have never heard of 'dads'). I suggest you use a high quality food you'll have less problems and your pets will be in better condition and health.

Just because they do fine on a food does not mean it is good for them.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

Dads is what they are on know and it was my vet recomened becuase DC urin is to asidy so I switched them to the food I normaly use. When I was useing Ever pet and 9 lives and purina is when I stated to have problems. my one cat needs to have a lower food that has less asids in it. Which is DC and he has his own but can have if I run out the following I sugested. SO I switched them all to it a while back as in the dads food, after DC had the problem becuase I 1 didnt want them to have the prolems and 2 that way DC can have their food as well if I run out of him. Since he went to the vet and got his food is when I changed them all. Since then all the cats have changed have more engery dont eat the food as in like they needed to eat more becuse they were not getting enough, and there coats are nicer. So I think I will stick with the dads becuase its 8 to 12 bucks for a huge bag and low on asids which like my vet said can cause the urin problem in males exspecilly and since I have 3 I dont want them all to be on special food like DC. The Girl love it and theier long fluffy coats seem to have imporved as in fluffer and insted of ratty. Although they were still sheding there for a while our weather here has been messed up latly and the girls are long haired and seem to shed more then the short haired. I love long haired but like the short haired better.
I am not saying it is the best food but for mine right now it is and I have used it in the pasted and have never had a problem with it. But all cats are diffrent. I switched to a cheeper food for a while to save on some cash since winter is coming up incase i needed it and I checked the ingredence on the back of the Ever pet and 9 lives and it matched well enough to their old food. But it was to asidy for the males. I have take samples of the girls yesterday and sent it with my mom to the vet. Since DC still has med flowing threw him she wants to wiat on his pee test to make shure the new food had brought down their as well. I had to take in samples of all cats when I did DC to make shure that it was not all. DC was the only one with blood and the others like DC had the to high aside build up which I changed back and Am awaiting to see what the vet says.
Diamond

Tags
cats