De-clawed? - Page 3 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 12:38 AM

I'm not a fan of declawing, but when it comes to that or rehoming.. a clawless cat with a home is better than not.
Other than that..ditto on feline pine or yesterday's news.
I've not seen that declaw's cats are more fearful than others. We had a 4 way declawed cat (we didn't do it previous owners did) and she was an angel.
Although, they should definitely NEVER be put outside (not that I think cats should be outside anyway if you want them to live long). There, it does take away their defenses.totally.
Glad your kitty made it through the ordeal Cute cats.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 02:41 PM
Miss New Booty

Glad to hear everything went good with Marlas surgeries!! Kitty hugs for her that she is feeling better soon! Crossing my fingers nothing was wrong with the bump in her ear. How scary!

~* Jackie *~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #33 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

I know, I'm hoping the polyp IS benign. But the vet was pretty sure it won't be.
She's been doing pretty good so far. I thought we'd have to get her an E-Collar, but she's gotten better. I've decided I don't want to get any more pets de-clawed if I get any. I feel too bad for my kitty right now, being that she's had the ear surgery, spay, AND de-claw all at the same time.
My husband says I'm just worrying too much (Which is prolly true, lol) but yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
Anyways, thanks for the support!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 08:38 PM
Will It Ever Change?

we're always here for ya

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #35 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 08:41 PM Thread Starter

"I know, I'm hoping the polyp IS benign. But the vet was pretty sure it won't be. "

Oops, I mean to say the vet was pretty sure it IS BENIGN. Lol, typo.
post #36 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 08:43 PM
Will It Ever Change?

ahh ok. yeah i remember when i co-oped at the vet clinic, that animals commonly get lipomas (fat globules) that sit somewhere and make a ball that the poor owners worry about being cancerous. there once was a dog that came in to have one removed that was the size of a baseball. it was so huge it was vascular (had it's own blood vessels). dog was such a champ, sweet thing. i'm glad your girls are well

post #37 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulder
there once was a dog that came in to have one removed that was the size of a baseball. it was so huge it was vascular (had it's own blood vessels). dog was such a champ, sweet thing. i'm glad your girls are well
Oh my gosh! It was that big?????
Poor dog!!!!!!!!!!
My husbands dog (Back home in England) has tons of those on her. They don't bother to take them off now though, because she's like 15 years old, and the vet had said they'll probably grow right back, so they don't want them to keep paying to remove them, when she's really not bothered by them. But still. She looks so lumpy, poor dog.
post #38 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 08:46 PM
Will It Ever Change?

yeah it was intense. the dog was a collie, and it was a BIG thing. they had to clamp veins shut and tie them. oh man. took an hour.

post #39 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-07-2006, 01:44 PM Thread Starter

http://www.vetsurgerycentral.com/ventral%20bulla.htm
That's what Marla had done. I just found it the other day.
She's also got that horner's syndrome now. I just hope it goes away soon!
post #40 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-08-2006, 06:19 PM
Proud New Mommy

Your cats are beautiful and look very well taken care of and quite spoiled. I'm glad she made it through the surgery ok.

As for the money, I completely understand. My husband and I were in the process of buying our first house and were way poor. I mean down to the knitty gritty!! Anyway, my pitbull (who was NOT mean at all. He was the sweetest dog.) and my miniature dachshund (whom I had gotten for my birthday about a month before) who was about 3 months old were chewing on rawhides (I was watching them closely just incase of a small quabble or choking) Everything was going ok and hubby and I were playing battleship. Jasmine (puppy) got done with her rawhide and decided she was going to try out Spot's. It happened so quick, he didn't growl, didn't say a word, just slammed his huge leg on her little body to keep her away. She screamed and blood was pouring from her nose. Anyway-- we were able to get her to a 24 hr. emergency vet and it ended up costing us $800 to keep her alive. I was very suprised she made it.

Anyway-- I started blabbing, sorry!! Was just saying I feel for ya in the money department. Animals and vet bills can get very expensive. I'm glad they have pet insurance but I wish it could be available through companies that offer family insurance, yknow? That would be so much more affordable.

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
post #41 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-08-2006, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

I think that if we do get another pet (my husband already said he'd like another cat, and a dog someday) we might see if we can get pet insurance!!!!!!!lol it seems silly at first but then it's like ... wow... they really are expensive! it just might come in handy!!!!!!!!!! hehe
post #42 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-17-2006, 08:13 PM

try the tidy cat crystals or a generic crystals brand. just not the crystals "blend" because it still has the irritating clay grit stuff in it.

Tags
emergency vet, feline pine, indoor cat, litter box, litter boxes, litter pan, vet clinic