Deja Vu - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-31-2004, 03:54 AM Thread Starter

Red face Deja Vu

Chris and I were out walking late (we went for a walk to a friend's house because we're taking care of his cats while he's gone) and I heard a tiny little meow from the shadows. So, being curious, I listened real carefully. I thought it sounded like a kitten. It turned out to be a full-grown cat, however. (Probably a good thing.) He's was the friendliest little thing ever! Kind of reminded me of my old cat Kado. I say kind of because once I saw him in the light I realized he was quite different. lol.

He followed us all the way to Jeremy's and waited while we fed Shadow and Phantom. Then he followed us from Jeremy's all the way to the corner where we first spotted him. He seemd familiar with that corner, so we said good-bye and I assumed he'd stay behind. I was wrong! A few moment later, when he was out of sight, I heard a pitiful meow and a shadow seperated itself from the others and chased after us. Drats.

The little bugger ended up following us all the way home.

So now there is a gorgeous, silky-soft, shiney-coated black and white male cat with a red collar around his fuzzy neck laying on our kitchen table like he OWNS it. He made himself right cozy in our house, like he belongs there.

Yeah, he has a collar, but no tags. I took pics with the digital camera (can post them later ) and we will try finding out which of those houses on the corner he lives at. If we can't figure out who he belongs to, we'll print up "FOUND" posters and distribute them at the pet stores, vet, and community bulletin boards.

In case anyone's wondering, yes, we are keeping Houdini seperated from him. She'd kill him if she saw him. As it is she heard his meow. She knows something fishy (er, catty) is going on. She's outside prowling now, though.

We can't keep him, so I hope we find his family tomorrow. He looks really well cared for. I think he's neutered (got that impression from his behavior,) he's wearing a bright red collar, his coat is in great condition, and he's FAT. And yes, I'm positive he's a he. No preggo kitties. He looks well loved, if albeit a little too well fed.

Why is it when we go on a walk late at night a black cat always ends up following us home, adopting us, and then having to be convinced to go back home? We must have "CAT LOVERS" tattoo'd on our foreheads. That or, "ALL CATS WELCOME TO WALK ALL OVER US."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-31-2004, 05:33 AM

Aweee the little guy sounds like he knew who to walk behind to get the attention he was seeking
I hope you can find his owners soon, best of luck!!!
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-31-2004, 09:20 AM

Aww, that's so cute! I guess he has a knack for following the right people!
I hope the owners will turn up soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-31-2004, 03:33 PM Thread Starter

The Little Gentleman

OK, here he is, in all his tuxedo-colored glory!

He really likes our kitchen, and keeps rolling around on the floor purring. And he likes the table, which is covered in mail since Sharon is out of town.

I included a pic of him acting like he owns the table. lol
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-31-2004, 03:44 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Awww hehe very cute! I hope you can find his owners

*Brandy*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|

post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-31-2004, 03:48 PM Thread Starter

I'm pretty darn sure we'll be able to. He's got to live at one of the houses there on that corner.

He's such a wondeful little kitty I can't imagine not being able to find concerned owners somewhere. Even if he didn't live in that area. I'm sure posters will get his family's attention. We'll have him back where he belongs by the end of the day.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-31-2004, 04:27 PM

He is so cute! Though I can see why you want to get him back to his owners. Afterall, tables are pretty important. JK!
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-31-2004, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

ACTUALLY, I would love to keep him. I think this cat's only problem is that he FOLLOWS STRANGERS HOME. Otherwise, he's not loud, or too talkative, nor messy. He's a tad bit clumsy. He's sweet, likes dogs and cats, etc. Gosh, I want him. lol. But a cat like this has just GOT to have a home who misses him.

Chris is almost done with work so we'll be heading over to Mr. Gentleman's street to try to find his home.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-31-2004, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

Smile

OK, one last pic before he (hopefully) is returned to his family.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-31-2004, 07:23 PM

He's so gorgeous! I want him too...
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-31-2004, 09:02 PM Thread Starter

OK, good news / bad news time!

The good news is that we found where he's been hanging out, getting his food, etc. The bad news is that the family who's caring for him has no idea where he came from.

The story is that last Monday he showed up at this family's house and their kids took a liking to him. So they began feeding him, and letting him come inside to sleep. They already have two cats, one that hates him and one that's getting used to him. They looked all over the neighborhood for his home, asking neighbors, etc. They've asked everyone except two neighbors, both of which MAY be out of town.

Chris and I went to one of their neighbor's houses and we got the impression they were out of town. Oh, and they had a doggie or kitty door, which is promising.

The family caring for him (who is calling him Meatball, by the way ) thinks his family is in the area and that they're out of town, and that what probably happened is that he got outside while someone else was caring for him and they can't find him. But if so, I wonder why THEY aren't looking for him?

The family kept a poster about him up for 3 days and took it down. They said they'd put it back up again. I told them I'd print up posters with his pic. They also said they'd take care of him, so we're going to take him to them as soon as the car's available. (Tomorrow, I think.)
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-31-2004, 09:06 PM

Wow! He really has a knack for following strangers home! You must be a little sad to have him going away now! I hope the people that are out of town own him, so he does have a permanent home.
BTW, what kind of name is Meatball?!? I bet the kids named him!
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-31-2004, 09:09 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, they did. I hope if they keep him he gets a better name. lol

I am definitely going to miss him. It sounds like no matter what he has a forever home, so I'm pleased.
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-31-2004, 09:16 PM

Yea, it's good that he will definitely have a home no mater what. So many cats never have that chance...

They better change the name too! The poor kitty, he probably thinks he's as fat as a meatball now!
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-31-2004, 11:50 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

i like that name meatball! that's funny. pretty cute when kids name pets. when i was little, i wanted a dog named Kleenex. haha!

Tags
black cat, male cat, outdoor cat, pet store, pet stores, poor kitty, white cat