depo shot - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 01:43 AM Thread Starter
Fluffy Chimphead

depo shot

today was a crazy day for both my girls but mainly tigger since she was given a shot of depo for so type of disease or infection it was a lating name bout 2 feet long (ok lil exaterated there) basically what teh sypmotoms were was an abses in the mouth swollen red irritated chin and swollen pads on her left foot. the vet figured it was that and checked witht he other vet there then bought us the book to read it to us. come to find out that the humidity that is in our air brought this on and it is really common in our area and he has used more depo shots the last 2 months then he did in 6 yrs at a vet office in mich. Now my question is does anyone know of any side affects from the depo shot?? we asked the get and he told us that we shouldn't worry about it but as the day progressed i noticed that once in a while either her paw or head would start twitching if it continues tomorrow i will be bringing her right back.

we were told that if the depo shot doesn't clear it up then we are to bring her back and he will give us antibiotics to give to her and will not charge us the office call fee.

Mum to 1 sweet angel Skyla
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and 3 little Furry monsters Tigger (Wiggers)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Soxy Butt (toxic)
and Button (Butt Head)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 12:00 PM
Naked Dog Mom

Interesting. I've never heard of a depo shot for cats. I'm assuming that it's not at all related to the depo shot for women.

I hope she feels better soon!

Momma to three pups:

Ein, Pembroke Welsh Corgi (black headed tri) born 7/12/2004
Tucker, golden colored lab mix, rescue - est dob fall 2004
Colleen rough collie (sable and white), rescue - est dob: 2003-2004
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 01:32 PM Thread Starter
Fluffy Chimphead

yeah she is much better. since she wasn't playing much before the vet visit she was hyper active the day after and i had to sit with my feet curled up under me so they didn't get run over. as she ran around the apt. the vet called today to see how she was doing as well, which makes me feel like we deffinatly made a great choice as to which vet to use.

Mum to 1 sweet angel Skyla
and 3 little Furry monsters Tigger (Wiggers)
, Soxy Butt (toxic)
and Button (Butt Head)

Tags
vet visit