Did my cat have a stroke? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 09:48 PM Thread Starter

Did my cat have a stroke?

Hi..
I have a 14 year old Himalayan female cat. For the last few years, basically all she has done is sleep, about 16 hours a day.
About a week ago, she stopped eating, and when I would wake her, she basically wouldn't wake up, and didn't open her eyes.
I was advised by a vet to try and syringe feed her. After about 2 days of not eating, and in what the vet gave as the last day, she began eating only wet food, simply because she seems unable to pick up hard food with her mouth, and she finally used the litter box. When I give her treats, she has trouble picking them up and winds up pushing them along the floor with her face.
She is now more alert and even as playful as she was before this week began.
Is she ok?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 04:18 AM
Newborn Pup

i think you should take her to the vet for an examination. im not a vet so i really wouldnt know, but if shes having trouble eating, when you give her the wet food take it out of the can and add a tiny bit of water and mix it so its softer and for the treats dont put them on the floor and rather hold the treat so she can pick it up from your fingers. but you should definitly bring her to vet that sounds really serious i hope everything is okay though

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
rue&mummbles my lovely degus always keep me up with their squeakkky wheel
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
i love hearing them squeak when i enter the room
i love my little chimichangas =]
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 08:45 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply pickle_mob, I'm due to see a vet with her tomorrow.
It really seems as though she's in no pain and is really happy and always purring. She's an old cat, and I expect nothing of her except to be comfy and happy, just want to make sure no internal damage has been done or anything after almost 2 days of not eating.
Anyways, thanks for the reply, happy holidays!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 07:07 PM
Newborn Pup

no problem, i have an older cat too so i know how it feels not always knowing whats wrong with them. i hope everything is well though =] happy holidays to you too

rue&mummbles my lovely degus always keep me up with their squeakkky wheel
i love hearing them squeak when i enter the room
i love my little chimichangas =]