Dij had surgery-warning pics attached - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-01-2004, 09:26 PM Thread Starter

Dij had surgery-warning pics attached

Dij had surgery the 19th of Jan. They removed a toe that had a claw but no bone, he had claws growing out of the bottom pads of his front paws that were removed and his right rear leg. They did laser surgery to do this. This made blood loss minimal and recoop time shorter. I brought him home the same day after the anestigia wore off. He was doped up with pain meds but he rubbed his face all over mine when he saw me so I knew he was ok. He didn't eat much for two days but Saturday he ate and drank regular amounts. Today he climbed stairs and was playing a bit. He is sore but no where near as much as he was with that nastey deformed leg. All in all we expect a perfect recovery a week from today. The stitches will be removed and the antibiotic will be stopped. He is staying in a 5'x5' pen in my living room. He is free to roam when I am with him.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dij black white.jpg (36.4 KB, 32 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-01-2004, 09:27 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Awww I am soo glad everything seems to be going well! I hope that he does much better and I am very happy that you saved him, you really did save his life! I thank you for that, I hate to see animals put down for having a problem. Give him cuddles for me!

*Brandy*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-01-2004, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

Last pic didn't come out well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pawtalk pic.jpg (25.5 KB, 25 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-01-2004, 10:11 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

awwww look at Dij - what a good kitty... he rubbed your face all over, that's so sweet!
I'm so glad the surgery went well and that Dij is back home safe, sound and in your loving care. I'm sure he's going to do great. Give him gentle chin rubz for me!

[center]

[
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-01-2004, 11:45 PM
Resident Chatroom Blonde

I am glad Dij is doing good after surgery.I really think it is great that you were able to help Dij.There are not many people who would take on the responsibilities of an injured pet.I have never seen a cat with a back leg amputated but have seen a front leg removed.I hope all works out well for you and Dij he is lucky to have you to love and care for him.to you both

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-01-2004, 11:47 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

Glad to see the dij is doing well!!! I did work experience in a vets at school and got to witness a leg amputation on a cat (rear leg too!) it really is quite amazing how it is done and there is hardly any blood loss at all. The cat that they did recovered fine and it sounds like dij is doing the same!!!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-01-2004, 11:55 PM Thread Starter

The vet that did the surgery isn't Dij's regular vet but he has been my main vet for many many yrs and he was amazed at how gentle and friendly Dij is. I must admit even after the 50 questions I asked the vet before surgery I didn't expect that big incission but now that I really look at it I can see why it is done thiat way.
OOPs got to go Dij wants to play
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-02-2004, 02:12 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

I'm so glad to hear he's doing well! Give him love & cuddles for me!

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-02-2004, 02:29 PM
Poo dont scare me!!!

Glad to hear he is doing so good. Has he noticed that his leg is missing yet? A lot of animals that have amputations like that act as if they didnt know it was missing. I hope he keeps getting better and better!!!
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-06-2004, 10:03 AM

Great to hear Dij is doing so well. Give the little trooper a head scritch from me.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-06-2004, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

Dij is doing great and I think he knows the annoying pain he use to have is gone but he doesn't miss it!
I took him to the vet the other day, I found a lump near his stitches. Thankfully it was just a lymph node and it is shrinking daily as he's recooperating. He gets the stitches out tomorrow!!! Yah! I have this giant 5'x5' pen in my living room to keep him semi confind and I will be able to take it down now. My rabbit Lou Lou will be thrilled to be allowed to play with Dij again. They have been playing through her cage bars only. I was worried about the stitches so Lou Lou had to stay caged, poor thing.

Dij thanks you all for the pats,cuddles,rubz, scratches, hugs and kisses!
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-06-2004, 05:08 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I'm SO glad to hear he's recovering so well!! Give him more cuddles for me.

Stephanie

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-12-2004, 02:47 PM

awww, I hope he's healing quickly!!!!!!!
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 07:50 PM Thread Starter

Dij is amazing! He is doing great. He is back to his silly wonderful playful self-I'm so glad.

I told my husband that I will only let someone adopt him if they prove they love him as much as me.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 08:05 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Sounds like he's already found a home, eh Debbie?

Glad to hear he's doing so well!!

Stephanie

Tags
cage bars, regular vet