Do cats like toilet paper? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
I'm A Blonde At Heart

Do cats like toilet paper?

Recently Trinity has taken on an obsession with TP. Its kind of funny she will rip up the exstra rolls if she can reach then under the linnen closet and tear them up. My mom put an exstra roll on top of the toilet and this morning i found the whole thing in the toilet, so i had to fish it out and toss it. It didnt get there by itself. Is this normal?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 04:26 PM
Aspires to Change Oil

Isis does this too... (more of her bad habits... argh!!) she does more paper towels than toilet paper and putting a cloth over it is an easy detourment. I don't know if its normal... but its definately bad.

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
I'm A Blonde At Heart

Lol ok Trinity doesnt pee everywhere she justs liek playing with it

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 08:53 PM
Playful Pup

My little Frodo likes to tear our TP rolls to death too. I am forced to keep the doors to the bathrooms closed cuz of this.

- Pet Lovers Resource
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-31-2005, 06:22 PM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

My cats used to enjoy doing this when the lived in the apartment, along with sitting on the toilet and unrolling the WHOLE toilet paper roll.

Since moving to our house, our TP is now kept safe by a toilet paper holder that covers most of the roll, so the cats can't unravel it and tear it to bits.

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-31-2005, 09:24 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

ALL the cats I've ever had, were obcessed with TP! My mom used to keep TP in wicker baskets attached to the wall to keep them out of it. It worked. Gabby has also discovered the fun of TP...found a brand new roll totally unraveled in the tub the other day. For now, we are keeping it on the window sill since she can't reach that yet, but I think I'm going to have to invest in some wicker baskets soon

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-01-2005, 01:04 AM Thread Starter
I'm A Blonde At Heart

She seems to leave it alone if its on the roll she lieks to play with it if theres an exstra roll out and about she also likes to put her paws under the door way and attack it.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-18-2005, 06:07 PM
Newborn Pup

All of our cats do this if they can find some. So we make sure we keep it out of the way.