Do you think cat's can sense when someone's isn't nice - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

View Poll Results: Do you think your cat can sense who is good and who is bad
Yes 4 57.14%
No 2 28.57%
Sometimes 1 14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-03-2011, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Do you think cat's can sense when someone's isn't nice

Do you think your cat can sense when someone comes into your home if they are not nice or if they are? Sometime's my cat ava seem's like she can. She is a very social cat that LOVES when people come in and pet her. She's like the queen of the house and has to inspect everyone when they come in. Certain times she will come to the front door when we let certain people in and sniff and if she likes them or whatever she will let them pet her but only about 4 times since we have had her(Two years in october-november) she has kept her distance and if they reach out to touch her she runs away. I have developed a strong bond with her. So i always wondered if anyone else thinks their cat knows who is bad and who is good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-03-2011, 06:19 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

I think there like dogs , so yes i think they can sense it off humains.

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-03-2011, 10:48 PM
Guarded by Waffles

Yes and mine have always gone out of their way to be nice to those people...they may never be nice in general but they're nice to them. I think becasue they know it irritates the person

Christine
Mommy to:
2 cats: Suess and Jezebel
2 horses: Winter and Junior
3 dogs: Panda, Maggie, Snoopy

And the rest:
5 cows, a bull and one mean buffalo

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Check out
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 01:11 AM
Newborn Pup

I totally agree Christine. My boy is the same way. It kinda scares me when he does that though since I think it gives the avid cat haters more of a reason to hate him. One guy threatened to kick my cat, so I kicked him out.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-20-2011, 09:05 PM
Newborn Pup

well if you hit poor kitty (which would be unforgivably mean and rude! lol) they will most likely know i think
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-20-2011, 09:21 PM
Guarded by Waffles

My stance is, you hurt my kitty, I hurt you. I mean, if you think that's ok, how would you like it done to you?

Christine
Mommy to:
2 cats: Suess and Jezebel
2 horses: Winter and Junior
3 dogs: Panda, Maggie, Snoopy

And the rest:
5 cows, a bull and one mean buffalo

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

Check out
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-20-2011, 09:24 PM
Newborn Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by christine View Post
My stance is, you hurt my kitty, I hurt you. I mean, if you think that's ok, how would you like it done to you?
agreed!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-20-2011, 10:57 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

I think all animals can sense meanness in people, my animals are the most loving cuddlers ever, but there are certain people that they will avoid and sometimes act a little rude to...but anyone who enters my house learns really fast my animals have the say so lol and if you treat them with anything but the utmost respect you will be asked to leave, afterall they live here, the visitors dont

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 08:23 PM
laugh often

I think most dogs and cats can tell. My dogs are generally friendly but the wrong person enters the vicinity and they both go on alert. My kitty luna is the same way. We had a friend that brought a boyfriend over and we had to put her in our bedroom. She kept following the guy hissing and trying to scratch him. My dogs even acted strangely.

When I'm down my pets turns my frown upside down

2 Dogs: Harley and Diesel
2 rabbits: Mystic and Thumper
1 Cat- Luna
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 11:11 AM
Newborn Pup

sometimes. Except for my sister in laws cat. He's a jerk. It's the ONLY cat I can say that about. He's friendly to everyone else except for me and I didn't even do anything to him! lol Usually I'm the one that can 'tame' a mean cat but not him. And I'm not a mean person so his reaction to me is wrong. Just plain wrong I tell ya. lol Stupid cat.

I think dogs are more sensitive about people than cats are.

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 02:08 AM
Mouse Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKidsMom View Post
sometimes. Except for my sister in laws cat. He's a jerk. It's the ONLY cat I can say that about. He's friendly to everyone else except for me and I didn't even do anything to him! lol Usually I'm the one that can 'tame' a mean cat but not him. And I'm not a mean person so his reaction to me is wrong. Just plain wrong I tell ya. lol Stupid cat.

I think dogs are more sensitive about people than cats are.
I know a cat like that too. He is my cousin's cat. First time I met him he screamed and chased me around the house. One time when I went to vist. They put him in the bathroom so he would not go after me. Well, they had three bathrooms and did not tell me which one he was in. So I open the door and he jumped on me and bit right through my right hand. I had to pry his mouth open to get him off. Now I have nerve damage under my thumb and my palm...only cat that has ever hated me. lol
And yes, I do think animals can tell what type a person is. Even mice and ferrets and such can too. I think one of the reasons is because we admit smells depending on our moods and animals can read those.

My Pets:

1 Rat: (Ace)
1 RC Hamster: (Hannibal)
3 Cats: (Tao, Drew, Jak-ke)
2 Ferrets: (Fisher, Georgie)
1 Betta: (Maxwell) + (5 Platies and 1 Molly)
Rest in peace all my little Mice: Tempo, Aaron, Tatiana, Pei, Shi, Orange, Spotty, Lee Hyun, Key, Calvin, Chun, Jiro, Hero...
And my past Dookers: Lulu (my heart), Frodo (my old man), MoneyPennies (the first one), ect...
Aswell as all my lost Cats (my beloved Haru, ect..) and Bettas (Stahl the creepy one, ect..)
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 04:30 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

i think animals and even kids can sense things, but we train our kids to ignore that feeling.

[/CENTER]

Tags
cats, sensing