Do your cats do this? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-06-2007, 11:04 PM Thread Starter

Do your cats do this?

My cat Leo somtimes will see us getting onto our dogs about something and he'll attack them later after we get them in trouble! lol! It's the most funniest thing in the world! He hides behind corners or looks downstairs from up above and sometimes he'll wait hours before hitting the dogs but he'll give them a look like "I'm going to get you later when you least expect it!" So our dogs stay away from him for as long as possible. Now when we get our dogs in trouble we tease and say "Leo's going to get you after wards! You better be careful next time!" lol Our dogs know what we mean too! lol It sounds cruel I know but just the way Leo is about the whole thing is funny! By the way Leo's my avatar picture! Isn't he cute?! Does anyone know how to post pictures on these threads cause i'll post some pictures of them all on general chat?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-06-2007, 11:13 PM Thread Starter

Oh yeah meant to tell you guys about our last incident with Leo hitting our dog William.

I think we got Willie in trouble for not going outside to do his buisness and Leo was watching from the upstairs and Willie kept giving us a hard time and wouldn't go outside and he always does this but this time it was bad and yet he always goes to the door cause he wants out so we open the door and he doesn't go so this time we yelled at him cause of it! So we told him "Fine don't go out but Leo's going to get you later!" Willie ran upstairs and ran into Leo's personal space (never run into Leo's personal space, he will attack you! Doesn't matter if you're an animal or not! lol) and Leo hissed at him and ran after him! Mom and I were about to go outside and all of a sudden we heard Willie yelp and a few slaps from Leo! My mom and I just smiled at each other! lol It never fails with our dogs and Leo.

We figured out Leo's personal space issue about 6 years ago or so. He's 10 years old now. If you walk too close to him, he makes this face of disgust and slaps you or if he's already in a bad mood he might bite you! lol

If say you step on his tail or something by accident, if you don't tell him you're sorry and pet him, he'll attack you later for it! lol

He's really sweet otherwise! He's definately got some personality! And to think he would get sent to the laboratories if we didn't take him off the streets! Ugh! I feel so bad for those animals! =(
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowxtiger24 View Post
My cat Leo somtimes will see us getting onto our dogs about something and he'll attack them later after we get them in trouble! lol! It's the most funniest thing in the world! He hides behind corners or looks downstairs from up above and sometimes he'll wait hours before hitting the dogs but he'll give them a look like "I'm going to get you later when you least expect it!" So our dogs stay away from him for as long as possible. Now when we get our dogs in trouble we tease and say "Leo's going to get you after wards! You better be careful next time!" lol Our dogs know what we mean too! lol It sounds cruel I know but just the way Leo is about the whole thing is funny! By the way Leo's my avatar picture! Isn't he cute?! Does anyone know how to post pictures on these threads cause i'll post some pictures of them all on general chat?
i think i am not positive tho but i thnk you \get the [img} code from photobucket than just paste the code that is what i did with my sig...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 11:16 PM Thread Starter

omg cutest avatar ever! lol thanks!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-13-2007, 12:36 AM

ur welcome..
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-13-2007, 01:34 AM
Salamander Burgermuffin

heh my mom used to have a little dog named becky, she was old, maybe 13? and we got a kitten, and everytime we scolded the kitten for something, becky would punish it too, she would never hurt him, just kinda make sure he knew what he did was wrong, it was the cutest thing.. i think getting that kitten was the best thing in the world for becky, she was really old, but she would play with that kitten like she was a puppy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Furry Family
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 05:51 PM

That sounds hillarious. Get some video. win big bucks.

I have heard of cats doing a lot of things to make sure you stay on their good side, and would bet that attacking the dogs after you "attack" them, is another one of these attempts at a wierd kind of bonding. As you probably are aware, you can't own a cat. In their minds, they own you. When they rub up against you they are marking their territory, not saying "I love you". Once a cat owns you, he will usually do some thing(s) to keep you attached to them, and it is usually something that they deem helpful to you. He is probably "helping you" disapline the dogs.

I'm not a pet psychiatrist, just experienced cat owner.