Do your cats ever...? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 01:03 PM Thread Starter

Do your cats ever...?

Drink out of the toilet?
Play with the toilet paper roll?
Steal your clean underwear?

What odd things do your cats do? This is just the tip of the iceburg for me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 01:22 PM

i dont have any cats. i did look after 2 kittens for about 6 weeks . but thats it
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 02:53 PM
Salamander Buffalokisser

Re: Do your cats ever...?

Kramer does all of this:
Drinks from the toilet when he is to lazy to go downstairs to drink form his water dish
sits in front of my guinea pigs cage and just watches DC (the pig)
known to jump on top of the fridge
lays on the clean laundry in the baskit while you try to grab it and fold it while he swatts at you.
meows only for me when I leave the house cause he wants me back.
Only cat that I know will just walk up to his ball toys and swatt them to start playing.
THe list could go on but I think you get the picture

Stephanie
Be who you are and say what you feel
Because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind

check out my blog:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 03:24 PM

Well my Evie Beevie aka fat crap, likes to put her 12lb body into little tiny boxes. She also has to scratch at the floor in front of her water bowl and then lay down in front of it, like she spinx pose, and then drink. The other day I noticed my other one now does the same thing.

Varuca also likes to walk around and howl, she's been spayed so she's not in heat, especially when she knows I'm somewhere in the house and can't find me. Lately she has started to walk around the house with her toys in her mouth and howl. It sounds like she's in touble but when I call her name she comes to where I am and drops the toy at my feet (its nice to be worshipped). The other day she put her little bug toy in my slipper, boy was that a surprise first thing in the morning. She doesn't really drink from the toilet but she has a couple of obsessions one being that she HAS to be on my lap and cuddle whenever I am going to the bathroom and two, she must enter any open cabinet, door or drawer. Yes she accidentally gets closed in all the time!
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 03:58 PM
Salamander Buffalokisser

Deana, Kramer is the same way with the cabinets, doors and drawers. He actually opens the cabinets, and drawers. You know when he does it too cause you hear *thud, thud thud* as he tries to open them then he does and he goes in them and then they get closed so he meows till you find him and let him back out. he is also in love with boxes, omg if there is a new box in the house he has to get in it and rub on it and play in it for about a week, then he wants nothing to do with it.

Stephanie
Be who you are and say what you feel
Because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind

check out my blog:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiquee
Drink out of the toilet?
Nope, Nope, Nope. But my dogs steal my underware. I can't think of any strange things my cat does
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 10:45 PM

My cats have claimed the bathroom as their own. One sleeps in the tub; the other in the sink. And no human is allowed to go to the bathroom without supervision.

Moonpie likes anything traditionally manly. My husband has a shotgun. Whenever it is out she likes to chew on the barrel. He also collects swords *sigh* and she likes to chew on those, too. They aren't sharp, BTW. If he leaves his clothes out she sleeps on them. She is fond of marking the insides of his shoes as well.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-10-2004, 10:39 PM

Doodles likes to lay down in the sink in our bathroom.
She likes to drink the condensation off the toilet. Yuck.
She likes to play with the chinchillas toys and try to eat them.
She likes to dip her paws into the bathtub and then drink out of the tub when it's full!!

Now, if it were something on what weird things dogs do, I could list a lot for our dog Harley. *l*
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-10-2004, 10:53 PM

Here are some odd things that my cats do-
Tiger: Drinks with his paw, plays fetch with "mousies," tears up paper towel rolls, meows when I'm in the shower.
Pookie: Plays fetch with balls, tears up toilet paper.
Ollie: Drinks out of a glass on the counter, lays with his legs straddling the counter, tears up toilet paper, paper towels-anything he can get to, jumps into the freezer, jumps into open cabinets, tears up plastic bags, sleeps on top of fridge and cabinets, plays fetch with mousies, gets into the shower with me, eats plants and veggies.

I have a bunch of crazy kitties.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-10-2004, 11:01 PM

Ah geez Desire'. *lol* I didn't even realize this was your thread. You already know the crazy things our animals do.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-11-2004, 03:42 AM

Meeko would drink out of the toilet if you let him. He likes drinking from bathtubs, faucets, showerheads, etc. He especially loves his spritz bottle, which started out as a punishment for him and later became his obsession when he realized that he could drink from it. He drinks from his water dish by placing his paw in the water, then turning his paw pads up to lap the water off of it. He also used to sit on the steps with me and share a banana with me, or an apple. He hated our one mailman and would growl at him, like a dog. An all-around odd cat.

Kado didn't know what to do with mice, so he'd catch them and lay down on them, and wait for us to tell him what to do with the mouse.

Lacey will wipe her paws off on the nearest thing (be it the wall or the counter) when she steps out of her litterbox. She lays down on command. She's obsessed with shoelaces, and carries hers around day and night...when she's not busy hiding them. She likes to catch flying termites and pull their wings off, one by one, and then eat them.

Maile likes to sleep in the bathtub. Oh, and she thinks she's a Chinchilla.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-12-2004, 02:21 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Quote:
Drink out of the toilet?
Yes, yes, no

They also drink from the tap, inspect me as I leave the bathroom, lick my feet, chew on my jewlery, eat the chin food, meow for me to come find them (How they get lost in this TINY appartment I'll never know), great everyone at the door, trip you only when you are carrying something, sit on your face when you are trying to watch T.V., kneed until you get bruises, hmm, think that's most of them.

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-12-2004, 03:57 PM

Our cat Chloe will play hide and seek with any one in our family. We start out in the same room, then run out of sight - around a corner, under the table, whatever. Then Chloe will sneak around and look for us. The makes this odd noise between a clicking (like when she sees a bird) and a meow when she finds us. It's pretty fun - my toddler loves it.

Chloe will also fetch her laser pointer when she wants to play.

Our other cat Griz used to hunt down bugs in the house. One time there was this huge crane fly (like a big mosquito) zipping around. It landed on the wall about two feet up from the floor. Griz walk up, stood on her hind legs and just smashed the bug into to wall. Then she ate it. We called her "Bug Slayer" after that.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-13-2004, 07:29 PM

Were to start. . . . .

Corky likes to get into anything box-related. When he was younger he used to sit up against corners like a man with his hands in his nads (or lack there of) Or forget to put his tongue back in after bathing himself

Luna used to sleep under the blankets in my parent's old bedroom. I used to sit on her all the time on accident. lol

Sylvester likes to sit on the back of chairs with his leg spread on either side and his face burried in his paws.

Felix, when he slept with me, used to sleep on my chest and slap me in the face to wake me up. that jerk.

Hannah walks side-ways because she got hit by a car when she was younger and is now mentally disabled. (but so cute!!)

Troubles freaks out when I flush the toliet and runs up and stares at it for ten minutes after the water has gone down!

Blue thinks he's a dog. He licks more than most dogs and wags his tail too!

Lilly is a kitten. She gets into shoe boxes, lays down, and chases her tail.

The other day it was raining so I brought all the younger kittens so they wouldn't get re-sick. I was cleaning my room, and the babies were having a blast. Nancy kept bringing me my dirty cloths in her mouth (ewww lol) and Blue kept getting stuck in shoe boxes. . .

Ok. . .sorry to write so much. . .I have so many cats and I just keep thinking of things. This is only a few of my cats. They're the funniest things, aren't they?? =(0).(0)=
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-24-2004, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiquee
Drink out of the toilet?

What odd things do your cats do? This is just the tip of the iceburg for me
Yes, Yes. No (my dogs steal them though)

my cat takes stuffed animals from my room in her mouth jumps over the baby gate runs into ten den and rolls over and plays with it!!

Tags
guinea pig, hind legs, litter box, paw pads, stuffed animal, stuffed animals, water bowl