Do your cats like toys? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-25-2004, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
Miss New Booty

Do your cats like toys?

Do your cats like to play with toys? Smokie LOVES to play, he has been hitting little mice and fluffy toys around ALL day!!! He runs around with it, like he is proud of his prey! It's so cute! Ginger will sometimes play, too and Snuggles isn't really interested. They all like things that are dangling, though! Or how about laser lights?! My brother had a laser light and Ginger used to LOVE it! She would Meowwww! And go crazy chasing this little red light! It was so cute! Well sometimes Ginger likes to hit around things that aren't toys, like Brad's drill bits! Or the milk jug rings, too!!! LOL!
What toys do your cats like?

~* Jackie *~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by kittygurl823; 04-25-2004 at 04:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-25-2004, 08:41 PM
I Wish I Were a Snot Ball Shooter

Those little fur mice, you know the ones that look/feel real ?? And squish really nicely under your foot when you step on a slobbery one late at night? Lizzie loves them ... she'll throw em up and chase em - do back flips with them, and somehow they all end up under the couch. She loves milk jug rings, and drags them into the bed to play with.
She also likes Blackie's slobbered up tennis balls, she'll roll around the floor with one, rubbing her face all over it. Weirdo.

Sharon
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-25-2004, 09:37 PM
Lor

Mine love the furry mice that rattle. I also have one that hangs from a door on a stretchy cord they love to play with. They like attacking my feet too lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-25-2004, 09:46 PM
Salamander Buffalokisser

Kramer loves to play with little plastic balls, he will just walk up to one and swat it to make it fly across the room and take off after it, its always fun to watch him play with those and hear them hit walls and hear him skidd to a stop before running into the wall as well. He also plays with milk rings, any string like thing that you can pull across the carpet he will start attacking it. I got this squishy heart thing from donating blood and he took it from me and plays with it, tennis balls, cat nip pillows... Oh and he loves bite my feet when he wants me to do something for him like play or feed him.

Stephanie
Be who you are and say what you feel
Because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind

check out my blog:

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-25-2004, 10:26 PM

Peep and Stink love the "rope" which is a draw string from some old sweats. That thing starts off downstairs every night and makes it to our bedroom by morning. They also long the feather duster toy we have and carry it around. peep likes hitting Ray's vitmain c's off of the kitchen counter when he can get to them too!
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-25-2004, 11:33 PM

The big hit around here is that fishing lure type of toy that I can only find at cat shows. Like the one I gave as a prize in the tubby cat contest.
They and I (being ms. lazy-butt) also love the laser light. They'll chase that dot around like crazy.
My friend makes these bumble-bee looking things from pipe cleaners that you get from the craft store. They LOVE to bat those things around. Wellington carries them in his mouth all over the place.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-26-2004, 03:49 AM

ANYTHING that comes in my house is a cat toy! Anything that has been at cat level now belongs to the cats, try to take it and either you or the item WILL be clawed I mean anything too! All of the pull cords on our blinds are wrapped up and hung on the top slat, no dangling phone cords... It's insane! For some reason my kitties LOVE tennis balls! I bought Scrappy (Claudia doesn't waste sleep time on silly toys, lol) a whole box of tennis balls and the cats are the only ones who play with them! They also love the laser pointers but I can't use those with them because Scrappy freaks out and searches for the light for hours after you stop!
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-26-2004, 10:33 PM

Becki -
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-27-2004, 10:57 AM

My two love to demolish T.P. ... kinda leaves you in a bind when you realize it too late.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-27-2004, 12:07 PM

Both my cats love toys. They each have their favorite. Eve likes her crinkly butterfly and Varuca likes her little bug when you press on its tummy the eyeballs light up and it makes a funny buzzing noise. I just bought them this ridiculously expensive toy (don't know what I was thinking) It looks like a jar with bugs in it and it glows in the dark at night. You turn it on and the bugs fly around. At least they sit and stare at it for a while but then they get bored and walk away. They need toys that they can wrestle with, or in Varuca's case, walk around in her mouth with as she goes howling through the house.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-28-2004, 02:49 PM

Annie, my cat, likes her 'ball in round plastic thingie' where she can put her paw in it & hit the ball & make it go around & around. She also LOVES our laser pointer and anything that she can make flip around the house, she'll play with
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-28-2004, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
Miss New Booty

YES Nicole! I forgot about that toy! We have something similiar. It's like a scratching/cardboard thing in the middle, and they hit a ball around it! It's so cute!! You can put cat nip in the middle of it and the love it! And you can buy card board refills, too, when they scratch it up.
Guess what we found last night in the drawer!? The laser light that has been MIA for like a year! Brad just *took* the laser out of the drawer and Ginger and Smokie come running, they hear it jingling! I hear "Mewww Mewww!" It's like the "I see a bug meow" ROTFL!!!!!! But, the batteries were dead in the laser! So we have to get some new ones today!
And they love the furry mice! Snuggles actually plays with those, too! He used to bring it and put it in his water bowl!!! I guess he was showing us the prey he caught!

~* Jackie *~

post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-28-2004, 07:39 PM

Yey for finding the laser light!! Ginger and Smokie are gonna be so happy soon as you get new batteries.

Yeah, we have those round things with cardboard in middle and ball around too. Once in a while Lozie would get her boost of energy at 3 AM!!! and start betting that ball around. She would bat it, stop it with her paw, bat it, stop it. Aaaargh! It drove us nuts. My hubby finally takes the ball out right before bedtime.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-28-2004, 08:13 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Midnight didn't understand the concept of toys since he was a complete alleycat XD. Oreo used to love playing with feathers, though, and so did Kyoko. Kyoko loved balls, too. Keiko was usually too shy to play much but she liked the little furry mice. Jessie pounces on anything I toss, she escecially likes the toy with a feather tied to a stick ^_^. Newbie doesn't care much for toys, but that makes sense, afterall, he's still warming up to me. He's used to being a complete stray.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-09-2004, 02:28 AM

All of my cats love to play with those balls that jingle when they are hit. They each have their own ball which they will pick-up in their mouths to keep the others from playing with it! Zazzy and Figaro have taken to hiding theirs so that the others can't find them! Also, my daughter collects beanie babies and the McDonald teenie beanies, Zazzy stole her teenie beanie frog Which he plays "catch" and "fetch" with, and one of her cats which he sleeps with!

Tags
water bowl