Doesn't like the new litter box??? - Page 3 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 47 (permalink) Old 09-26-2003, 12:38 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

Well I *love* that Robot!! - but - one of my cats is a big fatty - she exceeds the weight limit She's a big orange tabby and it's not that she's really over-weight - she's just a BIG cat! ( ok, she has a little fat poochie on her underside )

Having 3 cats, I'm not sure it would be worth it because I'd still have to keep a regular litter box out, which I am sure they would still all use.... and then I had the thought... what if Sammie (big-fattie) tries to use it and breaks it or gets stuck in it?
The thought is amusing - but kind of sad - and not practical.

Hrrmmm.... I'm going to have to think about how this would work out.

Dena- YAY!! I'm so glad you are happy with yours. Your kitten sounds adorable! It sounds like they are going to adapt just fine to it! wtg!!

[center]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 47 (permalink) Old 09-27-2003, 12:23 AM

Jackie, I thought I would let you know. Last night my older cat Eve was sitting about 5 feet away from the bathroom just staring at the litter box. This morning I saw her in the bathroom again just sitting and staring at the litterbox about 2 feet away. I was starting to figure she must really have to go now and was creeping closer to it. Then as I was on the computer today I see her walk into the room with a couple pieces of litter on her face and she jumped onto my lap and was being overly affectionate. Sure enough she finally used the litterbox and was just telling me thank you and what a good little girl she was for using the new litter robot like she was supposed to. And I must say, so far I am VERY happy with it!
post #33 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-06-2003, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
Miss New Booty

YAY Dena, she used it!!! lol. Well, last weekend, Snugs and Ginger went to the vet. He thinks it a whole behavioral thing going on with Snuggles, as I described what was going on. He didn't see any indication of a urinary infection. I asked him about Felaway, and he said the stuff is great, however.. he said in this situation, he didn't think it would benefit Snugs, he said its more for marking and spraying behaviors. He said I could use it if I want, but he thinks my best bet is adding the old box back, he thinks Snuggles is opposed to the cover My picky boy. He wants me to see how that goes, and keep an eye on him, he could need some behavior modification medicine (kitty prozac! Kahlua had to have that after he got neutered he was so depressed, seriously!!!) Well we added the old box back, cleaned the carpet under the linoleum where he peed, no new pee on the floor that I can see, but the room still smells horrible!!! My other 2 are still using the robot and also the other box. I can't figure out why it still smells so bad. Its making my whole house smell!! What can I do to make it smell better? lol I have used any type of litter in the normal box you can think of. Are the crystals any good, are those safe? It never smelled at my parent's house in the cats room, and it never smelled in our 2 bdrm apt with all my animals. All we got were compliments about how you would never know an animal was there, let alone all we had. It just doesn't make sence, there must be urine some where else? I wanted to get one of those black lite things to see where it was, anyone ever tried this? The only thing is where the litter boxes were before = tile. Here = carpet... so even thou we have steam cleaned it many times and put linoluem over the carpet to save it best we could, I guess the smell could still remain.
I love my robot, I am sooo sad Snuggles is being stubborn lol. Well, now that no one wants to step in my house from the cat urine smell, any suggestions? Seriously though, I am a clean freak.
Deja- how big is your kitty?!

~* Jackie *~

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-06-2003, 10:21 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Jackie, she's one of those big orange tabbies... I'm guessing right now she's between 16 and 18 pounds! She's not really fat though! ok, ok- she looks a little fat LOL but she's a big boned kitty. She even has one of those large apple heads? I have new pictures that I wanted to post so I'll start a new thread and put some pictures up of her

[center]

[
post #35 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-06-2003, 10:39 PM

Kittygurl those black lights are great. It'll show you everything you ever wanted to know about "hot" spots on the carpet, and then some. LOL.

Maybe the padding under the carpet hasn't dried completely yet? I forget, did you try the Natures Miracle? You really have to soak it in and let it dry completely. Just hope it hasn't gotten to the wood under the carpet pads. Have you tried sprinkling with baking soda? That's good too for the stinkers.

Deja - Yeah! Picture of orange kitty!!!
post #36 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-07-2003, 12:03 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

Jackie and Pigsterz...

I'm having the same *smell* problem on one small area of my den carpet. It's not from the cats though- it's from when Max was still not house-broken.
*I* seem to be the only one who can smell it though! I too am fanatical about the way my house smells! I've used the Nature's Miracle, steam/shampoo cleaned the carpet... it's still there. I was thinking the same thing as you were Jacke- getting one of those black-light thingies and trying to pin point the exact spot.

Pigsterz... I may not have soaked the area well enough with the Natures Miracle... you really have to saturate it and let it soak in then let it dry on it's own, right? I didn't really do that. I'll give that another try!

ugh...smells in the carpet are the worst!!

I'll try re-sizing and posting some pictures tonight ....if this is going to be another insomniacial night

you guys!

[center]

[
post #37 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-07-2003, 01:24 AM

I just wanted to jump in here and tell you guys to buy a regular old black light, you can even just get bulbs and put them in fixtures you already have. The ones at the petstores that they sell specifically for that are nothing different but way more. It sounds like whatever is still smelling is soaked in somewhere though and the surfaces are very clean, so I don't know if you'll be able to see anything.
post #38 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-07-2003, 01:35 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

Thanks Becki!
I was wondering the same thing - if just a regular black-light bulb would disclose the same things... I figured it might, but wasn't quite sure. Thanks! It's true - the one's I have seen for sale at the pet supply or some catalogs cost a lot more than just putting a regular black-light bulb into an ordinary fixture!

hrrrm - not seeing it because the surface has been cleaned so many times didn't occur to me either... I'm willing to try anything at this point! It's really annoying me!

I'd take it to all the rooms with carpet just in case I find old stuff I didn't know was there... It's worth a try I think...
oh yippeee! more stuff to clean

[center]

[
post #39 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-07-2003, 01:39 AM

LOL, as long as it makes white stuff glow it's a blacklight. Sometimes you'll get bulbs that are just painted purple If you just get the bulb though, they are so cheap it's definetly worth a try. Three cheers for more stuff to clean
post #40 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-07-2003, 09:41 PM

Deja, I can picture you with your black light hunting around the house. Too funny!!

Oh good luck you guys! I tell ya, we had a heck of a prob w/ cat pee in our previous apt. It was B A D. Never got rid of it and I tried everything. I think it soaked into the wood base molding. Mine liked to pee in corners.
post #41 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-08-2003, 01:32 AM Thread Starter
Miss New Booty

What are we gonna do about this carpet?! Arghhhhhhh. lol. I'll be like u, Pigsterz, and move out! Well, I have another problem, last night, there was a new pee stain on the floor! Brad thought he saw Smokie come out of there, then the stain was there, while Snuggles is sleeping away in his chair. I dunno who it is anymore Thanks Becki, I was hoping it was a regular blacklight, I have one of those at my parent's house, I will get it and use that. I can only imagine what I'll see, prob tons of stains I never knew were there! Ok, I tried Natures Miracle, BUT I didn't soak it like that, I let it sit like 10 min and steam cleaned it. I will try what u said Pigsterz, about saturating the carpet and letting it really sink in. I'm sure its like what u said, it sank in and got under the carpet and still smells. I also used what Yayi suggested, Simple Solution, and put it in my steam cleaner, and it cleaned my carpet good!!! Got out some of those *Kahlua getting excited when visitors come* peepee. LOL. It just smells horrible! I am a fanatic about how everything smells!
Now girls... LET'S GO BLACKLIGHT HUNTIN' ! LOL!!!

~* Jackie *~

post #42 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-08-2003, 09:55 PM

Whooopieeee, we should have a blacklight party!!
We all take our blacklights and hunt around our homes.

I wonder...if it's only that spot, is it possible to cut out that small piece of the carpet and replace it? Hmmm, I dunno, I'm not a carpet expert. It would be a last resort kind of solution.

I know what you guys mean about being fanatic about smells. I'm the same way.
post #43 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-20-2003, 04:43 PM Thread Starter
Miss New Booty

A blacklight huntin' party! YAY! LOL. About the carpet Pigsterz... hmm, good idea! But I don't know about carpet either, I think when we move, we are gonna have to redo the carpet anyway in that room, and it makes no sense to do it now, bc if they pee again, then back to sqaure 1! **sigh** lol. Well, we put simple solution on the closet carpet and cleaned it, and I had an idea. I said "well, we could shut off the door, and put the litter boxes out here, and then they wouldn't be near the urine scent on the carpet, and wouldn't pee?" We decided any idea was better than nothing, so we did that. The closet still reaks, but we are going to douse it with Simple Solution and let it sit there like you said, Pigsterz. Well...so far there is no pee on the floor since last Wednesday! Maybe my idea is working?! Lets say a kitty prayer that it is. LOL! Oh I also wanted to tell you guys about this candle I bought. I saw it at Petco, it's called Stink-Free. I asked the manager who was ringing us up about it, and he said some lady swears by it, her cat keeps peeing on the carpet and she bought this, and while it's lit, it took the amonia smell out of the room. I decided to try it, it is $10.00. That thing really works! I thought, who knows if it will, and while it was lit, it like took the smell out of the room!!!! Something to think about for you other smell fanatics like me,
Dena- how are your kitties doing with the robot?!

~* Jackie *~

post #44 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-20-2003, 08:30 PM

Ok doing the kitty prayer dance that it works and your entire household carpet is on it's way to no-pee road.
post #45 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-21-2003, 12:36 PM

My cats are doing great with the litterbox! My older cat held it in for the first few days (remember I thougth she would explode) but now doesn't have any problems. I even had to take it away for a couple days. I got Varuka spayed and I didn't want to take a chance on her getting litter in her stitches so I used feline pine, actually I think it was All Pet Pine that I had from my chins, and put it back and no problems at all! I do love that thing. Once a week I pull out the garbage bag, on garbage night, toss it and thats it! No more scrubbing the darn thing down. So happy that I invested in this to support my laziness LOL!

Tags
cardboard box, cardboard boxes, dog bed, feline pine, litter box, litter boxes, male cat