Drooling Cat - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-10-2003, 11:49 PM Thread Starter
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Arrow Drooling Cat

Our little stray Calico "Hobo Kitty" that we have been feeding for almost a year is now an indoor kitty. When I pet her for more than one minute she drools all over me. It was funny the first couple times, but now it's getting a bit disgusting. I don't like walking around with kitty spit all over my shirt. Does anyone else's cat do this? Anyway I can stop it, aside from only petting her when she is sitting on the floor.....even then she rubs her chin on the sleeve of my shirt and I still get drooled on! We were calling her Hobo Kitty, now I'm calling her Spitty Kitty!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rhonda
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-11-2003, 02:55 AM

lol, I don't know about drooling, but my cat (and one of my dogs) has a REALLY wet nose...like to the point of dripping! Nasty!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-11-2003, 12:32 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

http://www.vetinfo.com/cdrool.html

http://www.ivillage.com/pets/petsymp...501266,00.html
"While dogs often drool because of mealtime anticipation, cats may salivate for sheer pleasure, which is why you may feel a few drips when your friendly feline starts nuzzling your neck. Conversely, cats will also drool when they are afraid, like when it is time for a bath. "

Stephanie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-11-2003, 12:33 PM
Princess in Waiting

Cool

I didn't read Jade's links, but I know that it isn't unusual for a cat to "make biscuits" while you are petting him/her and then start to drool. Yes, it's disgusting but it's normally a loving gesture!

CRITTERCALL

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-11-2003, 12:59 PM Thread Starter

Great. Nothing says love like kitty spit.

Rhonda

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-11-2003, 03:38 PM

Sometimes, cats drool when the have a tooth problem.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-11-2003, 05:45 PM

Yes, if you noticed the drool just started recently you may want to get her teeth checked. One of my cats used to drool when he slept and turned out he had a few rotten teeth.

But hopefully, your kitty's just very happy and contented!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-12-2003, 03:16 PM Thread Starter

Nope, she only drools when I pet her. I've went and scratched under her chin real quick and no drool, but if she's sitting on my lap and I pet her for more than a minute it's like she turns on the faucet!

Rhonda

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-12-2003, 03:31 PM

Then it just means you are one lucky person who's got a kitty that loves you very much!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-12-2003, 07:57 PM
Princess in Waiting

Cool

She loves ya, baby!!

CRITTERCALL

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-06-2004, 11:14 AM

Hey! My 1 year old female (unspayed) Indoors cat just started drooling this morning. She seems happy and healthy and it happened when she was in the window sills. Ever heard of this when birdwatching? I will check her teeth..
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-06-2004, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlette
Does anyone else's cat do this?
The cat my family recently took in from outside, Okie-Dokie, will do this sometimes. I think it's sweet. ... But, then again, people are always making fun of me because I never seem to mind getting animal slobber all over me. Like I said, I think it's sweet... Like a hug, only wet.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-06-2004, 02:16 PM

My cat Pookie loves to purr and knead my blanket with his paws. He also drools all over it! I thought only older cats do that but I was wrong! Pookie has even gotten so relaxed that he...um...pooped on the blanket! He's done this more than once too. Its so gross. So just be glad that your cat doesn't poop when she drools! When I'm curled up with a blanket and we see Pookie coming, we say "Oh know, here comes Poopie Drooly!"