drooling cat. - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 05:59 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Thumbs down drooling cat.

hey i was wondering if someone else has had this experience
Felicia drools ? not a whole lot but she does drool.but she isn't drooling all the time ? i cant get a vet appointment for another week and a half. and i was just wondering if anyone has an idea as to why she drools ? iv been looking at info on the net,and there was a few things it said it maybe because shes happy , it could be a teeth problem or ulcers ? im a little concerned

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 06:59 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

More than likely happy, lol. Our kitty drools when she's happy. It...takes some getting used to, lol.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 09:53 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

In my experience (which is not very much with cats, I'll admit) it's usually because they ate something that tasted bad. My cat does that sometimes when she eats a bug. If it's not profuse, I'm more inclined to not think it's a poison she got into, especially without vomiting or diarrhea (which I'm assuming she doesn't have since you didn't mention it). Could be maybe a sewing needle or something stuck in her mouth? Like you said, abcess? Periodontal disease? Could be several things. I'd get her to a vet ASAP just to be on the safe side. I've never had my cat drool when she's happy, but doesn't mean it doesn't happen. When she's happy she usually just puts her butt in my face and "makes dough" on my tummy.

Jenny, Zookeeper Extraordinare

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mom to:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Pooters, Gracie, Mr. Muggles McLovin It (all three Chi mixes), Angel (Lab mix), and Nina (Sheltie mix)

: Hollands: Peneloppy, Sunkist, Scooby, Toby, Timothy, and Dante; Jersey Wooly: Dini and Dana; Lionheads: Cricket, Tinsel, Missy, Mrs. Jingles, Winnie; Netherlands: Quasar, Amos, and Shutterbug; Havana mix: Colby; Fuzzy Holland Lop: Henry; Velveteen Lops: Prudence and Jude AKA Tigger

Fernando

Benny

Maverick (Bearded Dragon) and Panda (Leopard Gecko)

Lionel (Ball Python) and Arrow (Cornsnake)

Falcon, Sherbert, Razzle and Pearl (All Bettas)

RIP Arthur
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 09:58 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

at the shelter if a cat drools its normally tongue ulcers but normally they drool often. If its just starting then it might not drool until after they eat a little. i'm not sure but its treatable and clears up quick.

[/CENTER]

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-12-2011, 06:11 AM
RAT ADDICT

We had a cat who drooled when happy.He would go for "shoulder times" (hanging out on someone's shoulder) and would happily drool.
I have heard of several other cats who drooled,some a lot and some only a bit when in content situations.

A vet visit doesn't hurt at all.
But if she has no other symptoms,I would not worry too much.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-12-2011, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

I managed to get her into another vet this morning, Turns out shes just a very happy kitty, i guesse from lack of humain attentiion and now she has a bunch of attention.i do still plan to bring her to my orginal vet in a week and a half just to make sure but from what the vet i brought her to this morning said shes just happy.

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-12-2011, 09:24 PM
Guarded by Waffles

Sorry just saw this post. Suess drools when he's happy. Not much but a little bit to wet his chin. It shocked me at first and I watched it but just mentioned it at a vet appt and he said it's normal for some cats. Glad everything looks good so far!

Christine
Mommy to:
2 cats: Suess and Jezebel
2 horses: Winter and Junior
3 dogs: Panda, Maggie, Snoopy

And the rest:
5 cows, a bull and one mean buffalo

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

Check out
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-15-2011, 11:11 AM
Newborn Pup

i am dr Amer, A vet from Egypt, from my experience, she must be has a problem in the periodental area and the gum
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-15-2011, 11:12 AM
Newborn Pup

you can tell me the whole case history and medication that she was taken it
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-15-2011, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amerrageb77 View Post
you can tell me the whole case history and medication that she was taken it
she has seen two vets now, as my orgnail vet had a cancelation,. nothing is wrong with her other then she is a very happy kitty,no infections nothing , its just because shes not use to having so much attention, but thank you for your concern.

By Anonymous

Tags
drooling cat