Ear Problems - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 09:59 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Ear Problems

Ma-Ha always has an itchy ear. I took her to the vet and they thought it was ear mites so they gave her a shot that was supposed to get rid of them, but it didn't help. I also got ear drops and that didn't help either. It's mostly just one ear, but I've seen her other ear bother her a few times too. When it starts itching she scratches it for a long time and then shakes her head when she's done and liquid flies out of her ear. (not fun when she does this while she's on my lap!) Other than this, she's a very healthy cat. 8 years old and still plays like a kitten. I'm thinking maybe she just has excessive ear wax, but I don't know. Also, I've heard that if a cat has ear mites, there will be black dots inside the ear, and Ma-Ha doesn't have that. Has anyone seen this before and know what it might be?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 10:28 PM
laugh often

mites or an ear infection are common ear problems. But I would suggest maybe another vet visit.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When I'm down my pets turns my frown upside down
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2 Dogs: Harley and Diesel
2 rabbits: Mystic and Thumper
1 Cat- Luna
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 10:58 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Okay, she's due for her shots anyways. Just looking for ideas to ask the vet about in case they still think it's ear mites and can't help her again. She looks so annoyed by it! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 07:18 PM
laugh often

hope she gets better soon.

When I'm down my pets turns my frown upside down

2 Dogs: Harley and Diesel
2 rabbits: Mystic and Thumper
1 Cat- Luna

Tags
ear, mites, wax