eating problem - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 05:00 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

eating problem

So my 6 year old cat, one of three has this problem that if she goes too long without eating she throws up her food immediately after eating it. We used to feed once in the morning and once before bed but now it had to be changed to morning and right after school so that it isn't too long in between. On the occasion that I forget to feed right after school, she again throws it all up. Has anyone ever experienced this or have any idea as to why this could happen? Any suggestions on how to prevent it?

One thing I cannot do is to leave food down all the time because my older male would weigh 35 pounds if I did that.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-16-2009, 04:17 PM

Any way you can put your kitty in one room while you're at school so she cant eat and sleep without your other kitty getting to her or her food? OR I would advise some indoor cat dry food formula, there is usually weight control and dental stuff in there that would keep kitty number two in line. I think it's friskies that has a nice indoor formula in a bright green bag. There are also dry foods for older cats as well as specifics for hairball or dental diet etc.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-16-2009, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

i believe that is the cat food we use as of now. i have been feeding her once a day with a small portion of canned food when i get home from school, separate from the others and this seems to be helping a little bit. thanks for the advice. i may look into a sensitive stomach food if they make one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-16-2009, 10:35 PM

No offense taken by this I hope, but cats aren't like fish..feed them once and you're done. I have 6 cats at my house, one not being my own. Each has their own taste for foods, but we keep out dry food for them so if for some reason we aren't around they can still eat. Cats and dogs generally need a breakfast and dinner just as we humans do. I know for myself, if I get overhungry and then I finally eat I feel really bad afterwards and sometime get sick. It sounds like your kitty may have the same problem. I'd leave out some dry food for her and then give her a can for dinner.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 08:28 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

we do feed twice a day. in the morning with dry food and in the evening the other cats get more dry food and i give her some canned. sorry for the confusion of my second post.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 09:47 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Our cat was fat, so we put him on weight control food. He ate twice as much, and there was only 1/3 less calories in it and he gained weight... the little toad. so we put him back on what he was on before... a year or so later we had a kitten we rescued.. and that kitten is from a line of psycho hyper cats... so now our older cat is fit and trim from playing (or rather the new one playing and the old one dealing with it or running away)

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
cat, dry food, feeding schedule, food