Eeek!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-05-2004, 11:55 PM Thread Starter
Miss New Booty

Eeek!!

Snuggles started doing this lately, *dragging* his claws down the wall, kind of like when they claw the carpet!!! Eeeekk! That sound!!!! Do anyone's cats do that? He just recently started doing this!!!

~* Jackie *~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-05-2004, 11:56 PM

Nope, not that I've seen
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-05-2004, 11:57 PM Thread Starter
Miss New Booty

I've never seen it, either! Brad said the other day "WHAT is Snuggles doing?!?!" I said "I have no clue, he has been doing that for a few weeks now, it's his new scratching post I guess!!"

~* Jackie *~

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-06-2004, 12:00 AM

WoW... You better be careful, you're gonna have scratched up walls
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-06-2004, 01:10 AM

Maybe you should try some of those door hanging cat scratchers. I know the exact sound you are talking about. I hear just about every cat noise you could possibly think. My new one today was Varuca belching like an english bulldog!
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-06-2004, 01:50 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dena
My new one today was Varuca belching like an english bulldog!
I have never heard a cat belch!! Toooo funny!!

Jackie! That sound makes my teeth hurt!!

Abby does that on any closed door and on the sliding glass doors in the kitchen! It looks like she is trying to claw her way through or something.

I've seen Paulie Walnuts (weenie cat) do it on the wall a few times....

A hanging cat scratch thingie - I WISH my cats would use a scratching post Maybe Snugs would use it though!!

[center]

[
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-06-2004, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
Miss New Booty

The hanging scratch post is an awesome idea... except I have one, too and they won't touch it!!!
OMG she was belching like an English bulldog?!?!?!? That is hysterical!
I don't know where this scratching down the wall came from?? Yes! That sound....

~* Jackie *~

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-06-2004, 02:38 PM

To be honest I've never heard a cat belch before either and if I hadn't seen it happen I would have rushed her to the vets! She finished eating her dinner. Jumped up on the kitchen island to say hello to me. I heard it rumble in her stomach first and then out of her mouth it came!

Oh I wanted to mention also, if you don't want them scratching on that wall get some double sided tape, they make a product called sticky paws which is basically double sided tape, make sure its safe to put on the walls. They do not like the sticky feeling and will stop using that area. It works better than any other type of deterent that I've seen.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-06-2004, 03:41 PM
PT's Troll Hunter

I dunno for sure, but whatever you do, don't let him keep clawing at the walls! My oldest sister, Emily, has two cats that trashed her walls because she wouldn't teach them that it was wrong!

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-06-2004, 07:06 PM Thread Starter
Miss New Booty

Yikes, Mal! OMG they totally trashed her walls? Yah, Snuggles doesn't do it that much and I tell him "No" right when I see it, or should I say *hear* it!
Oh Dena, that sounds so interesting!! Have you tried it? Where can I find this, at any pet store?

~* Jackie *~

post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-06-2004, 11:12 PM

They probably sell it at Petco type places and they might have it on Dr. Foster and Smith. If not try your hardware store or office supply place and see if they have wide double sided tape that can be removed safely from painted walls.
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-13-2004, 05:45 PM

They say that if you act like you're using the scratching post in front of the cat that they want to mark it with thier sent too and putting a bit of catnip in it may attract them also.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-14-2004, 11:51 PM

wall clawing

You know, my 3 cats claw the wall every once in a while. Me and the hubby can't figure it out. It usually happens when they are excited and have just been tearing around the living room 80mph. But sometimes the kitties seem to "see" something invisible (to the human's naked eye) and scratch the corner. And it's always a corner, never the middle of the wall or anything. Is your cat's scratchpost available when he does this? Maybe they just get in a crazy mood!
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-16-2004, 07:36 AM

My sunny was doing that for a while. He would run up next to the door and scratch the walls next to the door! I have sheetrock walls! He stoped for some reason, He was really destroying my wall! I am so happy he stoped it!

I have never heard a cat belch!
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-16-2004, 09:14 AM

Any luck with the sticky paws Jackie?

BTW when you bottle feed kitten, like I'm doing now and completely exhausted, you have to burp them just like a baby. Usually you just pick them up and move them after you feed them and boy do they burp!

Tags
pet store