Fable and scratching posts - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Fable and scratching posts

I'm having problems with Fable and scratching. He has 3 scratching posts now, one very big one which he will use, a small one that he knocks over (other cats can use it but not him) and a flat one that you can hang on a door or lay on the floor. For some reason he insists on scratching our carpets and furniture even though he knows we don't like it. I've tried spraying the places he scratches the most with citrus, I've squirted him with water and I've sprayed the posts with catnip, it's just not working!

How have you all trained your kittens to use scratching posts only?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-17-2005, 07:05 PM
Part of the Pack

hello

my cat Dorian is pretty much the same way. he scratches the couch no matter how many posts we have for him. the couch is shredded in some spots anyway- do you trim his claws? this helped a lot with my cat, and also we got him a big post shaped like tree from PetCo that he will use now. but thats the only post he will scratch. i'd suggest trimming Fable's claws if you do not do this already. otherwise i'm not sure what can be done to stop this behavior.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-17-2005, 07:09 PM
Fluffy Chimphead

we gout our cats a home made scratch post that they use most of the time we had it right from the time we got them and as soon as we caught either scratching the couch we would bring them to the post as well we put the post at the corner of the couch they scratched at the most and that seemed to help with the scratching on the furnature.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

I've trimmed Fable's claws today, he hasn't scratched the carpet but he hasn't used his post either. I'll just have to wait and see...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.