Feet fetish - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 08:22 AM Thread Starter
Glowing New Mommy

Feet fetish

Does anyone else have a cat that has a thing for feet? my 10 month old kitten Alice, loves to attack my feet.. outta nowhere, she will plop down while im on the comp., and latch on with her nails... i mean, its cute, but it hurts.. and she only does it when shes in a playful mood.. she once hopped down from my lap to attack me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 06:30 PM

Yes I know this all to well

One thing I noticed though is it happens more when they are kittens and when they get past 1 years old they don't tend to do it much or not at all.

So only a few more months and hopefully she will get tired of it.

My only other tips are play no attention to her when she attacks your feet and say a firm no everytime she does it. And if your somewhere where you can cover your feet do so. Whether that is wearing slippers or rapping them in your sheet whilst in bed. Thats what we did...as it can really hurt and this helped a lot.

I hope she grows out of it and those above tips are useful to you.

Eva x
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 02:00 AM
I'm A Blonde At Heart

yes my cat still does this and it does hurt!!! Eva gave you some great advice!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 05:38 PM
Aspires to Change Oil

My aunts cat still does this and she is going on 3... my cat does this mostly when I am in bed and she's pushing past ten... some cats grow out of it, but I don't think many do as toe biting seems a fun little thing for them. Uhm, I find that barefeet aren't as alluring. Feet kind of hidden like in sheets are especially fun for them and its hard to get them to just stop! Usually if you hide the foot quick or if you don't move at all they may let go... kittens seem to love it though.

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 10:20 PM Thread Starter
Glowing New Mommy

Oh she loves my bare feet... she will just plop down and dig the nails in.. she doesnt do it any other time.. its like she doesnt want me to use my computer
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 10:32 PM
Aspires to Change Oil

jealousy of the computer seems very common amidst the kitties... though usually taken out on the hands more than the feet. lol at least in this household.

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2005, 09:25 AM
Playful Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemysibs
Does anyone else have a cat that has a thing for feet? my 10 month old kitten Alice, loves to attack my feet.. outta nowhere, she will plop down while im on the comp., and latch on with her nails... i mean, its cute, but it hurts.. and she only does it when shes in a playful mood.. she once hopped down from my lap to attack me
Annie likes to do that, and Belle loved to do it, and did it all the time, before she became ill. She still does it if she's in a playful mood, but that's rare, and she has to be careful with herself. She realllllly hurts too! Billy has a foot fettish, but in a different way... he loves to sleep on feet, shoes, and socks. He once stuck his head in my grandma's tennis shoe and got it stuck for a second! It was hilarious!

Well, gotta go!

Cassie

Cassie, Proud Owner Of:

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2005, 05:36 PM
Newborn Pup

Our Molly is always rubbing against feet as well, She likes to give feet Molly Love