Female Turkish Angora (fostering) - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-11-2005, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Red face Female Turkish Angora (fostering)

Well we picked up a kitty tonight to foster....She is absolutely gorgeous she is a turkish angora, solid white, with 1 blue eye and 1 brown eye, she is about 18 months old and deaf .... the thing that makes me mad about this whole thing is this.... The couple that had her got her when she was about 6 months old, so they've only had her for a year, it took them 6 months to realize she was deaf .... while prior to them realizing she was deaf they were trying to get her attention and spooked the kitty so the kitty inturn scratched the guy leg's up, well because of that she instantly went to the vet for a declawing so now not only is this poor kitty defenseless in that she can't hear, but now she has no way of protecting herself.
Apparantley other than the declawing due to a few scratches she was pretty spoiled and pampered, and the reason for them NOT wanting to take her back to the states when they PCS back in about 3 months is because they have been over here for 3 years and when they get back to the states they want to travel and just won't have time to take care of the cat, nor do they want to burden anybody in watching her....hmmm okay but they can go on vacations here and hire a pet sitter (per their telling us)... People like this make me so mad and don't deserve the cat in the first place. So now she is here with us, because of course we agreed to take her in, what could we do? We couldn't take the chance of the possibility of her being dumped as it is very common around here.
I believe they were calling her "lola" we are going to call her "Ellie" she is so beautiful and so sweet. Did well in the car from their house to ours. Oh and that is another excuse they gave, she doesn't like her carrier so they didn't want to deal with her being scared or skittish on the flight back to the states....ummm hello people???? UGH!!
I will post pics of her soon as she slowly settles in. She is already out and about in the hallway and bedrooms, but I doubt she will cross over the gate that leads to the foyer and the other rooms of the house as long as the dog's are awake
We are debating on putting her up for adoption, because she would have to go to a promising home that we know would love her forever and wouldn't dump her after a year because she has become a burden (As they have).
On a side note if anybody might be interested, she is 18 months old, spayed, declawed , microchipped, and all shots are current.
Well there is our little cat adventure for this evening.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-11-2005, 05:14 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

oh poor thing!! i'm happy she isn't with those people anymore! i HATE declawing! sick. i'm soooo happy that she is with you. she couldn't have it any better. i would be super picky with who she goes with, too. who knows - you may have a new pet on your hands!!

i can't wait to see her!

post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-11-2005, 05:20 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Poor thing . I'm glad that she's with you now. I can't wait for pics...I LOVE Turkish Angoras.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-11-2005, 05:26 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

aaaaaaawwwww poor thing, glad to hear she is in safe hands now Its such a shame some people have so little understanding of animals

Kirsty

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-11-2005, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Thanks everyone I'm glad she is here with us too....they surely didn't deserve to have her... I will try to get pics posted this weekend or at least before we leave for our trip next Friday

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-11-2005, 07:12 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Red face

Poor kitty she sounds lovely.. I hope she gets a good home soon, or maybe just maybe she can stay with you?

Steph ~ Owned by 4 bunnies and 5 degus..

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble
attribute of man." Charles Darwin

post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-11-2005, 08:26 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

O I would love to see her! Unfortunatly I commited myself to having no declawed cats in the house. Just not fair since everyone else has them. Plus her being deaf. The poor girl! I hope that she finds a fabulous home (or stays with you!)

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-11-2005, 10:45 PM
Poo dont scare me!!!

Oh Kim Im so glad you guys got her. I bet she is a beauty. I cant wait to see pics of her too.

post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-12-2005, 07:16 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Thanks everyone... Well I did take a few pics of her earlier so I will get them uploaded and posted.
Lizz I fully understand about not wanting a declawed cat, I had my doubts about her coming here because of the dog's they can get a little too lovey with the kitties and I know she wouldn't be able to warn them off not to mention she is deaf so it isn't like she will be hear to them sneaking up on her, yes our dog's can be sneaky
Last night I woke up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, and when I came back she was laying in my spot with 3 dog's on the bed....well I snuggled in behind her, and when I woke up this morning she wasn't there. Well after looking for her I realized she was snuggled in behind my pillow
Ellie is a true sweetie, still not adapting to our cats (but that will take a little time), however they are very curious about her, she just isn't about them
The previous owners gave us a bunch of photo's of her "incase she get's lost" they said....however with no scanner I couldn't post them, so I will upload the one's I took of her and post them after a bit.

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-12-2005, 09:55 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Pictures

Here are some pictures...oh and her 1 brown eye looks yellow to me.

Darren giving her belly scratches

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-12-2005, 10:23 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Wow she is really pretty
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-12-2005, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Yeah she's purdy

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-12-2005, 11:03 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

She's beautiful, but she doesn't look like any Angora I've seen!

This is what i'm used to: http://www.cfainc.org/breeds/profile...sh-angora.html

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-12-2005, 11:13 AM
Poo dont scare me!!!

I think she is a doll Kim!!

post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-12-2005, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

I agree Liz....however that is what all her vet papers say I think she's a mix personally! Today is the first day I truly was able to get a good look at her, as Darren picked her up last night while I waited in the car, and of course until 4ish this morning she was in hiding
Thanks Melissa

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

Tags
poor kitty, turkish angora, white cat