Feral cat I've been feeding - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 12:17 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Feral cat I've been feeding

I finally got a picture of the one feral kitty (I can't get ANYWHERE close to touching him) I've been feeding for quite a while. He's absolutely beautiful and doesn't mind if Gumbo and I are outside as long as we don't approach him. Granted, I call him a he but have no idea what sex s/he really is ...

Anyway, I just thought I'd share. My camera doesn't zoom well, so pardon the fuzziness.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg feralorangekitty.jpg (47.7 KB, 41 views)

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 01:11 PM

Oh he's so pretty! He's lucky to have you feeding him.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 01:18 PM

Aweee he's beautiful He is lucky to have such a kind hearted person like you to keep him fed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 02:04 PM
Poo dont scare me!!!

He is very pretty...and I bet he loves you for the meals.

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 02:38 PM

Awww, he looks like a mini-Ollie. Thats too bad that he's feral. He's lucky to have you!
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 03:20 PM

He is so lucky to have someone like you to make sure he is getting some food.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 03:29 PM

Aww...s/he looks like my friend Katrina's cat Frizzilla!! Long haired orange tabby...Frizzilla was named so because one day he came walking out of the closet on his hind legs and looked like Godzilla with all the mess he made tearing all the clothes off the hangers
That kitty is lucky to have you!
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 08:07 PM
Miss New Booty

Awwww! Steph he/she is adorable! Brad and I have been feeding the cats everywhere we have lived,

Recently, a cute black and white kitty, like my Snuggies, is coming to our driveway looking for food. Brad has been going out to feed him. It's funny, because I think Ginger and Smokie know he's out there, everytime we feed the kitties outside, they are always at the window looking, walking around by the front door and wonder where Brad is taking that bag of food. My vet said "All the kitties know where to go!! Your house!" LOL!

~* Jackie *~

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 08:33 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

aw! she/he is cute, jade! that cat is lucky to have you.

btw, on another note - i looove the woodsy look outside of your house!! i want that sooo badly!!

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 08:45 PM

He is a very lucky kitty! He does have that "feral" look on his face. The "you can looky but no touchy or I'll scratchy your eyesies out" look. It always amazes me how beautiful the really feral, never had human contact, cats are. The really sweet strays always have the look only a mother could love.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 08:56 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

S/he's beautiful!!

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-15-2004, 12:53 PM

Stephanie, that is awesome you are feeding er um he or she? I agree with Dena, it does have that "don't mess me" look on it's face.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-15-2004, 01:10 PM
Aspires to Change Oil

What a lovely kitty... yea we all know that look on the kitties face. Hehe, my aunt and I would feel bad when the feral kitties would eat and we'd watch from the window... but they'd spook, even when we were inside, and run away. Maybe after a long while you can pet him. At least, one could hope that perhaps...

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-15-2004, 07:04 PM

He's gorgeous!! Why don't you see if your shelter has a trap/spay release program? If they do it would be great - they will neuter & do rabies shots. It's a Win Win situation. The cats don't reproduce, and the males tame way down after neutering.

Here's one of my ferals - Fuzzy and his son Little Fuzz. Fuzzy had been neutered and he's been taming down a lot. Little Fuzz so far has managed to avoid capture - but we haven't given up.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-15-2004, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas
He's gorgeous!! Why don't you see if your shelter has a trap/spay release program? If they do it would be great - they will neuter & do rabies shots. It's a Win Win situation. The cats don't reproduce, and the males tame way down after neutering.
I tried to contact Friends of Feral Felines, who have a TNR program but in the 3 times I've called, no one's returned my call. I'd like to at least neuter and vaccinate him - animal control nor the shelter does it. I have to wonder if they've already been called to the complex, it's been here several years.

Stephanie

Tags
animal control, hind legs