Photos! The ferals... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 07:34 AM Thread Starter
Hello Earthling

The ferals...

Si I got two new kittens yesterday. Semi-feral 7 week old brother ans sister.

These cats are crazy esp. the male who is hissing and spitting at me, the female not so much.But whether they like it or not they will be tamed.

So today is Day One of taming since we got them at 4:00 yesterday.

Pictures I took last night. Their names right now are Mucca (gray and white female) and Sameice (black male) But if you have any better ideas please feel free to share.

Females are always so much friendlier, but she is still a little devil, although she lets me cuddle her more than he does.

They are both afraid of the dogs and I mean hissing,spitting and lunging.Thank God my dogs are as clam and understanding as they are, the kittens are also going to have learn to deal with dogs.

Enjoy!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 08:20 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Aww, they are cute! Poor little wild kitties! I hope they come around to you soon. They are young so they probably aren't too set in their ways yet. It's great that your dogs are good with them too. These kittens have a lot to learn, so I'm glad you are fostering them and giving them a chance to become great pets!

Maureen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Six new rats
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 10:54 AM
can't think of one, help

Oh, they are so cute and angelic looking. Hopefully they will get out of "defensive" mode soon. Glad you got some new kittens, I was needing a new story

Vicki

Rainbow, Abbles, Carmy, Kissy, Peaches, Cream, (kitties) and Littlebunny boy (elder bunny)

the pic is the last one of my meecee kitty (5/9/89 - 1/9/08)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 11:02 AM
Betta Bomb

AWwwwww, they are adorabbubles!! They will certainly come around with tinme,esp. in your company!!
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 12:00 PM Thread Starter
Hello Earthling

Mucca and Sameice are really coming around today but hissing at me so much but still not liking my mom,dad or brother and the dogs.

I fed them this morning and as soon as I opened the salmon can (just salmon in water, cat food) they came running to the bars of the cage.
I'll have more pictures later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmaughan View Post
Aww, they are cute! Poor little wild kitties! I hope they come around to you soon. They are young so they probably aren't too set in their ways yet. It's great that your dogs are good with them too. These kittens have a lot to learn, so I'm glad you are fostering them and giving them a chance to become great pets!
I actually think that someone's cat had kittens and ignored them and then dropped them off, so their not quite 'wild' but they still are semi-feral kittens.

Over my dead body will they not become great loving pets. By the time I am done with them their will be no other kittens are friendly as them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by litlebunnies2 View Post
Oh, they are so cute and angelic looking. Hopefully they will get out of "defensive" mode soon. Glad you got some new kittens, I was needing a new story
They are already starting to come through,playing like crazy today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple-Hops View Post
AWwwwww, they are adorabbubles!! They will certainly come around with tinme,esp. in your company!!
Mucca is adorable, while Sameice is also adorable. Who can resist kittens.

post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 12:32 PM
Jird Jostler

Awww, they are gorgeous. congrats. xx

I'm Georgia,
I drive like a rally driver.
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 11:47 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

They are so cute you have such a big heart doing what you do for all the kitens

I was able to tame my ferals outside just takes awhole lot of patience, neosporine, band-aids and love lol...now I sit outside and they cuddle with me and I hold them and they are big loves...all except the only male lol, he stays with me, lets me talk to him, but no touching lol...

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
Hello Earthling

I video I took yesterday

post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 09:07 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I have tamed ferals as well! when we moved, my grandparents (who lived there before us) had 3 cats that i set out to tame black cat was very sweet already although scared and i tamed her by feeding her when i found where she had kittens. (she disappeared the first year though so i didn't name her a better name than black cat- however i raised her 2 kittens she left behind) scooby and scrappy were the 2 left and i tamed scooby when she ate i stood there and petted her, if she wanted food she was getting love. she got to the point i could hold her and snuggle her scrappy tamed to the point that i could pet her but was scared to death of being held. they were all adult cats so i think you will be fine!

A good thing might be getting them a safe hide that you don't mess with them when they are in it, but when they come out they are free game. they will learn that fast and kittens cant resist toys

If you live anywhere near a horse store an awesome toy is a buggy whip for horses, you tie a mouse to the end and drag it across the floor and really they cant resist.

[/CENTER]

post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 01:38 PM
RAT ADDICT

They are cute.
I like the little black one.I would call him Panther.
They will come around.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
Hello Earthling

They are already starting to come around, but I should take a picture to show you my hands.

Anytime the dogs, or my mo,dad or brother come up to me when I'm holding them the claws so out.So I have been going to school with band-aids on my hands first because I want to keep the cuts clean and keep the antibiotic stuff on (polysporin) and second I don't want to look like I am a crazy cutter which I think my hands look like, just smaller cuts and scrapes.

Anyways... this morning when I went to check on them before I left for school Mucca was already at the door and let me pick her cuddle her no problems. Sameice is still a little poop but tolerate no and no one else.

Once I get these cats purring and rubbing their faces with me and everyone else I have succeeded.

post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 11:16 PM
Betta Bomb

Awesome! people will refer to you as the crazy cat kid!! lol how would one go about pronouncing these names? thought i would ask
post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 07:51 AM
Newborn Pup

i love the expressions... certainly have your hands full.. good luck cant wait to see how the progress comes along

Addicted to Dragons --->

My Bred Pure White -->

SEE MY NEW EGG!!-->

post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 10:17 AM
Adolescent Pup

Theres this group down here called kar-ma. they take in ferals spay and neuter them, vaccinate them if needed and put them into one of their many feral colonies. if they find that there are cats that can be tamed down and rehomed they will foster them then adopt them out. Their great since most places like SPCA will put down ferals automatically because they cant be rehomed. This way if they cant accept human interaction they can be with other cats but wont reproduce like mad

the cockatiel
2 cats(
and
)

the ghost cornsnake

the Blizzard cornsnake

the amel motley cornsnake
Also handfeeding three baby cockatiels and Fiance has his own plethora of animals

Click on names to see photos
post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
Hello Earthling

Mucca is 'moo-ca'
Sameice is 'sam-me-c'
I think that's right. Its just Sam with Meice on it. Like the way people say miece instead of mice