A few little questions - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-29-2008, 07:51 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

A few little questions

so i got a new kitten and my first question is how do i introduce him to my dog?

Second is i give him half a plate of wet food it is "IAMS Kitten Foood" i give him half that and he eats a little bit then he runs over and watches the guinea pigs.He ate all the half at my aunts house where he grew up.

Third is hes used the litter box but hes been here for about 48 hours and he only went pee he knows where it is because he kinda goes in and digs around then he jumps out.

Last is water, hes been here for like i said 48 hours and i havent seen him once drink water do i give him milk hes 12 weeks old tomorrow. He eats his dry food and i keep his wet food and water right next to it. Strange thing is, he went pee this morning in the litterbox. is that normal water consumption i notice hes kinda like making a lower wheeking noise thats a little longer my mom calls it a gurglemeow i think of it as a quiet moan does that mean hes hungry or he has to go to the bathroom

Thx
Scris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-29-2008, 08:06 AM
Hello Earthling

so i got a new kitten and my first question is how do i introduce him to my dog?

Congrats on the new kitten, slowly let them meet each other,keep the kitten in a different from from the dog for a few days they'll be able to smell each other but not get to each other.If neither has been with a cat or dog the beginning my be a little rough.In the start makes sure that they all never alone with each other.

Second is i give him half a plate of wet food it is "IAMS Kitten Foood" i give him half that and he eats a little bit then he runs over and watches the guinea pigs.He ate all the half at my aunts house where he grew up.

First IMAS is not the best food I would suggest switching him over slowly to a better food.He might not be eating all of it do to stress, give him some time and he should start eating it all.

Third is hes used the litter box but hes been here for about 48 hours and he only went pee he knows where it is because he kinda goes in and digs around then he jumps out.

Again he's in a new place let him settle in. If he starts peeing outside the box take him in to the vet could be a sign of URI.
Are you using the same little he was using before?That could also be a reason he's not comfortable with it yet.

Last is water, hes been here for like i said 48 hours and i havent seen him once drink water do i give him milk hes 12 weeks old tomorrow. He eats his dry food and i keep his wet food and water right next to it. Strange thing is, he went pee this morning in the litterbox. is that normal water consumption i notice hes kinda like making a lower wheeking noise thats a little longer my mom calls it a gurglemeow i think of it as a quiet moan does that mean hes hungry or he has to go to the bathroom

I hardly ever see my kittens drinking water (in less its from the dogs bowl) but I always check to make sure their hydrated by just pinching the skin a little it show go right back and not stand up.He is probably drinking just not when your around.
I wouldn't be leaving the wet out all day if he doesn't finish it in 'x' amount of time cover it up and put it in the fridge for later.

Thx
Scris

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-29-2008, 08:33 AM
Hello Earthling

Oh and one more think.... milk is a big no no

Tags
drinking, eating, kitten, litter