fighting - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 06:02 AM Thread Starter

Smile fighting

i hav 3 cats called molly, bodbod and dot in order of age but sadly molly goes of to her second house somtimes in the summer and when she is gone bodbod and dot hate each other and always fight and when molly reterns they stay like this for about a week and she gets in the flights but after that they tea up on her and she never feels safe. anyhelp please write back asap thanx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 07:38 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

you rearranging their system of who is boss all the time can't be helping them get along.

Each time she leaves they will fight to be top cat, and every time she comes back they have to fight again.

what do you do when they fight?

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 01:39 PM

Hmmm. Some cats do NOT like to be around other cats in general, even their own siblings sometimes. It could also be that Molly is the leader of the group and when she leaves they feel that she is not there to keep them in line anymore so they have at it, and then when she returns unexpectedly (as they may not think she will return) they punish her for leaving. If it really bothers you I would talk to your vet about it a little bit and see what they suggest. It could also be that you need to think about letting someone else adopt one or two of the kitties to relieve the tension. I hope it does not come to that though, I know how attached one can get to their feline companions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 06:13 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Kendalle is right, they're doing it to be top cat!

I had 4 cats, the oldest one was male, then I have 2 females that are about 3 years apart, and a baby male (who's almost 5 now!) The oldest one died in january, and since then the girls have been wrecking havoc! They didn't love each other before, but they keep fighting, peeing outside the litterbox to show they're not happy... They're slowly calming down after 7 months and the oldest one seems to be getting top cat.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 06:35 PM
Hello Earthling

Ok first off why does Molly leave all the time??

Cats don't like change and when you take Molly out of the situation the other don't know what to do and fight for the top cat position. What I would recommend is stop removing Molly.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 03:49 AM

This is coming from a cats perspective, two are bullies and one the nerdy kid... lol just kiding, not all cats like sharing their territory, if they feel they are being overun the will begin to fight for dominance

Tags
cat fight