FIP - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 11:37 PM Thread Starter
Dinky Corsetkisser

Fip

I posted a picture of the new Kitten I got at the Califonia Feline Foundation...well since the day we got her shes been sick, but it didn't matter to us because we fell in love with her. Saturday it got bad and we took her to the Vet...they were very worried that she wasn't getting any better so they did a FIP test...today we got the news that she has FIP and her liver is failing...this is so hard on us...we may have had her only 2 weeks, but we are so attatched...shes so beautiful and loving...and playful. please keep her in your thoughts...she deserves so much better than this

Carie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg socks.jpg (12.5 KB, 22 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 03:31 AM

Poor baby! She is adorable. I'll definetly be thinking good thoughts for her
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 06:54 AM
I Wish I Were a Snot Ball Shooter

I'm so sorry to hear that ... I lost my beloved kitty Spooky to FIP 9 years ago, and it still hurts to think about. It's a terrible disease, I wish all vets would make the vaccine a standard part of routine vaccinations.
I hope you can take comfort in knowing you gave her a loving home - even if just for a little while, and at least she didn't have to die in a shelter, homeless.
I'll keep her, and you, in my thoughts.

Sharon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 09:33 AM
Poo dont scare me!!!

She is an adorable kitty, its too bad she is sick...I hope the best for you and her.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 05:07 PM

I'm so sorry =( Sharon's right, I too am glad that that little darling gets to live out her days surrounded by love and warmth instead of a cold shelter. I wish her happiness in her days and peace to you.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 05:26 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

I'm so sorry to hear about your kitten. I know it must be very hard on all of you. She's in good hands and I'm sure will get all the love and attention she needs and deserves.
I'll keep you all in my thoughts.
Please keep us posted and let us know how she's doing?

[center]

[
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
Dinky Corsetkisser

last night Socks had a very hard night and it scared me so much...I had to make an appt today to discuss options with the Vet...I keep getting people saying I am spending to much on a kitten I just got, and it shocks me, because I would do it for any animal even if they aren't mine...

shes getting progressivly worse and we do not want her to suffer at all...and it has us making a decision I am not ready for because I love her so much, but I will do what is best for her...thank you all for the thoughts and well wishes...this is hardest on my daughter, shes 9 and loves her...thank you all
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 09:38 PM

Oh gosh I am so sorry to hear this. I know how devastating it is to lose someone you love, no matter how short of a time you've had them. Hugs go out to you and your daughter. I will say some kitty prayers for Socks. Keep us posted.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 02:21 AM

Props again to you. I know a lotta people would just let her go due to vet expenses. You really are a special one, and Socks is one very blessed soul to have you at her side and see her through.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 10:19 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

I am so sorry for you....even though socks is only having a short life with your love I'm sure it was a great one for her to remember. congrats on being such a great cat owner and I hope that things go smoothly for you, your daughter and socks.

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-20-2004, 08:31 PM Thread Starter
Dinky Corsetkisser

the kitten seems to be improving, we are taking her in tomorrow for another test, the vet wants to compare some numbers to make absolutely sure its FIP so we can treat her appropraitly...I am including some new pictures of her and my daughter and puppers the australian shepard and the old lady of the house in her minature lazy boy (Petrie)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ashsocks.jpg (15.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg ashpup.jpg (17.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg petrie.jpg (15.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg ashpup.jpg (6.8 KB, 3 views)
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-21-2004, 01:47 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

I'm so glad to hear that the kitten is doing better!
Those are such cute pictures. Your daughter is very pretty.
I love Petrie! What kind of dog is he? Puppers looks like a real sweetie!
Of course - socks is just a beauty... I love them all Thanks for sharing those pictures!

[center]

[
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-26-2004, 12:56 AM Thread Starter
Dinky Corsetkisser

I have some pretty good news on the kitten. It is FIP but the vet says she has never seen anything like this, her little body is fighting it...I know that doesn't mean shes going to be ok, but as long as shes happy and not suffering we are happy to love her every day...she is so funny now thats shes stronger, shes into everything like a normal kitten and keeps us laughing...I just had to share this with someone...I have been taking her to Abby Veterinarian Hospital and they have been so great working with us I am just glad shes doing better and we have some more time to love her ...
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-26-2004, 08:52 PM

I'm so happy to hear she is doing better. Miracles can happen and she's such a trooper for fighting this off. Give her some luvies from me.
Your furries and daughter are beautiful. Thank you for sharing their pictures.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-27-2004, 09:03 PM

I am glad your little kitty is doing better, your daughter's and your love may have made her stronger. Hugs to all of you.

Thanks for sharing.