Fip - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-26-2005, 04:48 AM Thread Starter
Dinky Corsetkisser

Fip

awhile ago I posted on my cat her name is Socks...we got her from the humain society and she was so small and nearly dead, the vets all said we should put her down, we didn't because we saw a spark in her eye...well shes 1 1/2 and shes huge, 11 pounds lol shes our baby, we call her mama cause she tries to nurse my daughters stuffies...I just wanted to update on our miricle cat, I know shes not going to have a long life, but if shes going to fight we are going to fight with her

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-26-2005, 08:25 AM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

She's a very beautiful girl.

I've got my fingers crossed her for :fingers: that no matter how long her life may be, that she have a life filled with love, warmth and happiness to the end of her days.

― Rowan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I've been frosted!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-26-2005, 08:28 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

She is a very pretty kitty. What a neat story!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-26-2005, 09:39 AM
New Title? MEMBER.

She is very lucky to have you.

Candice

A friendly forum for pets and their owners!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-26-2005, 03:58 PM
Aspires to Change Oil

Oh isn't she darling!!! Great that she's pulled through and I"m sure that she'll have a wonderful life with you no matter how long.

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 06:34 PM
Miss New Booty

Awwwww! She is just beautiful!!!! She is very lucky to have you.

~* Jackie *~

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 06:52 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

She is a beautiful cat! I'm glad that you knew she'd pull through ... if you don't mind, why do you know she won't have a long life?
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 06:58 PM

She looks like she is doing pretty well to me. The vets can't be sure if she actually has FIP unless she starts to show conclusive symptoms and do biopsy on internal organs. FIP affects cat with in the first two years or when they reach over 10years. So basically the very young and old. There is also the chance that she may just be a carrier which means she will live a long normal life but may have to be an only cat. I wouldn't worry though she looks really great and I would be pretty optimistic about her life span.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
Dinky Corsetkisser

she was a very sick kitten, she had numerous seizures and high fevers, couldn't hold down food, she was sick beyond belief, our vet ran tons of blood tests, and from her knowledge without a biopsy said it was FIP, she has alot of relapses, and she has brain damage from the seizures and fevers, but shes no longer in any pain and we work through her seizures, she has them only about once a month though, when we got her she was so small, she was already sick, but they told us it was just a cold, she was barely 5 weeks old and the had fixed her while she was sick, so from the blood tests, and fluid tests the results point to FIP...the vets said she wouldn't live at all, she proved them wrong, we did meds 5-8 times a day and force fed her for a little while, shes a fighter and we love her so we choose to fight with her, shes doing good now, still has digestive problems and such but shes a happy playfull kitty...the brain damage is rather funny, she walks into walls repeatedly expecting them to move for her, she is in alot of ways a forever kitten...but all her health problems and everything else have pointed to a shorter life, but I will be happy if she proves them all wrong again

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley