Fleas... so frustrating... - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 08:04 PM

i know the feeling..i had a situation like that in a house years ago..it was so bad..it turned out that my nursing mum kity and her litter had fleas..but her brother didnt..however every cat in the street had never been flea treated or wormed!! cats wander into houses..you visit peoples houses etc..perfect for bringing fleas back.
one day i went on hands and knees to spray under the skirting board and to my horror i watched fleas coming through form my next door neighbours house..i couldnt spray i was frozen to the spot in horror..
i marched round her house tin of staykill and acclaim in hands and a nasty shouting match!

just persever with a mix of the treatments and when th e weather gets colder itll die down..or not if you have cebtral heating!

its scary but one day over a year ago now i went into the nearset small town with my now passed dad..i stopped to stroke this guys gorgeous yellow labrador dog and walked bak to my dads car..i felt a pricking sensation and by this time id got back to the car..and to my horror i had a huge dog flea biting me..it was huge and i had a real bad allergic reaction to it..eww

reminds me of a poem my dad used to recite when was a kid..

big fleas have smaller fleas and even smaller fleas to bite em..smaller fleas have smaller fleas and so on to infinitem..

try spraying some neat tea tre essential oil on your doorsteps/indoor thrsholds..around cat flaps windows etc..and on everyhting you can..and pepeprmint oil..doesnt kill but does deter!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-05-2006, 09:16 AM

I have a time with them myself. They are horrid and they come in on the neighbors clothes from their dogs. I need a histine inhibitor because I always get bit and I do not react well to this.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 10:42 AM
Title Thief Victim

I still have my fleas..it has been since july ahhh

Carissasaurus Rex
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 12:15 PM
Guarded by Waffles

try dawn dish soap

Christine
Mommy to:
2 cats: Suess and Jezebel
2 horses: Winter and Junior
3 dogs: Panda, Maggie, Snoopy

And the rest:
5 cows, a bull and one mean buffalo

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

Check out
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 01:01 PM
Will It Ever Change?

what about lysol disinfectant sprays? or, i know putting things in the freezer kills whatever lives in them

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-15-2006, 09:17 AM
Title Thief Victim

turn down the heat and have the AC off......that will kill them! haha jk

Carissasaurus Rex

post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 11:40 PM

Tags
yellow lab