Foster cat/kittens update! (Pics) - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 10:47 PM Thread Starter

Foster cat/kittens update! (Pics)

Well, the time has came and gone. The mother cat and her kittens are gone. The kittens were all adopted within the first 24 hours. The mother is going to be spayed and put up for adoption. I'm sure she'll find a great home BUT the other news is...we kept a kitten! For once, I played no part in this because I was away working at camp. I came back and one little guy was still here. Everyone fell in love with him so they adopted him while I was gone He's sooo sweet (when he's not climbing up your legs, lol). He's a little bundle of energy and loves attention. His name is Hank (no idea where that came from, haha). You may recall him looking like this:

This is him now:

So far, Napoleon and Gidget have really taken to him. Gidget is sometimes too rough with him (especially if he starts running away from her) but she's starting to learn. The White One is still a bit cautious (hisses if Hank gets too close). He's pretty stressed out still because of all the new pets intruding on his territory. First we got Gidget, then the mother cat, then her 5 kittens. The mother was not very nice to him at all and I think he expects her to pop out of somewhere if he gets too close to the kitten. He's sleeping about a foot away from Hank right now, which is a step He'll come around once he realizes the mother cat is really gone.

But yeah, that's my news
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 10:49 PM
RAT ADDICT

Oh how awesome! Hank is cute!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 11:25 PM
Part of the Pack

he's so handsome!! Things will ease up when White one realizes mom is gone. Mama cats are VERY protective of their babes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 11:25 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

Aw! Congrats on all the new homes and on your new little one!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 03:36 AM
Aspires to Stupidity

Aww! He's so adorable. I can't believe how much he looks like my cat especially as a kitten. Just too cute!!
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 04:01 AM
laugh often

awww. He's really cute and he looks so soft.

When I'm down my pets turns my frown upside down

2 Dogs: Harley and Diesel
2 rabbits: Mystic and Thumper
1 Cat- Luna
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 04:35 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

omg cute overload *steals*

My Kids:6
, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

Note: My hammocks are not exclusively for rats

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 09:51 AM

Awwww congrats on the whole situation!! It feels so good to play a part in finding a good home for an animal. And congrats on the new kitty he is adorable and those pics are just cuteness overload!!
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 10:04 AM
Super Moderator

He is so cute! Looks like he's smiling in those pics

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 09:53 PM
Loopy AppleNose

Adorable! Awesome work, also.

I've been thinking about the little guys ever since your last update - good to hear all went well and you have a new buddy

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. (1 Corinthians 13:4)

Currently reading: Light in August by William Faulkner
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 10:08 PM Thread Starter

Thanks everyone I'm happy to report that momma cat got spayed and is recovering well. She should be up for adoption very soon.

Hank is fitting in really well. The White One is coming around. He was sleeping beside him today and as long as Hank didn't make any sudden movements, he was fine. I think he's beginning to realize that he won't get beat up if he pays attention to the kitten. Gidget is still a bit rough sometimes but she's getting better. They've been snuggling up a lot today, which is pretty cute to see. I think they'll be good friends. Hank sleeps with me at night which is fine but he LOVES to test out his claws. He'll seek out bare skin and try to climb around on it. It hurts and I'm full of scratches, lol. He tries to climb up your leg, regardless of whether you actually have pants on or not. I'm hoping this ends soon, haha.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 10:11 PM
can't think of one, help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonrain
He is so cute! Looks like he's smiling in those pics
I was thinking the same thing he looks like he's grinning from ear to ear. so cute
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-03-2007, 05:27 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Aww. How handsome. ^.^

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-13-2007, 12:35 AM

those are some of the prettiest kittens i have ever seen
love that grey color in them
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-14-2007, 03:33 PM
Will It Ever Change?

that's awesome! great news and glad to hear!!!

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan