found kittens! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-18-2011, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

found kittens!

Today a friend that is a vet and I decided to take a walk through the cemetary. as its sooo goergous and well taken care of and leads right to the lake as we were heading there we found 3 kittens we managed to capture them, my friend took 2 home the two females one was all grey with a white patch the other was all white with a grey patch . and I have the little male here with me, Not sure if were keeping him or not but hubby says will deal with it when he gets home , this little one is black and white, my friend who was with me and was checking them out for fleas ect thinks that the one i have has cerebellar hypoplasia which basically means something didnt develope properly in its brain so its motor skills arent the best as its really wobbly shere about 8 weeks old one of the other kittens was sorta like this one for walking just not as bad.I thought id share a pic of the little i have. its kinda cute i emailed hubby about it he didnt yell or scream supringly and just said wed deal with it when he got home.Ill post videos later of how he walks poor thing is sooo cute.
I havent decided what to name it or anything i just been calling it kitty. I just sent hubby this picture to see what he says about it hehe

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-18-2011, 02:36 PM
Zoo Keeper

I hope you keep him after what happened with Philly this is just what they need I think you found them for a reason. He is too cute btw

Proud Mommy to-
Cat: Emma
Rats: Apollo, Yuki, Ember, Mei
Hamsters: Kodi, Bear, Koda, Abbi

post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-18-2011, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

another picture of the kitty on my bed I had to help it up here

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-18-2011, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

video of little fuzz butt trying to play http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/...=kittyplay.mp4

video of little fuzz butt trying to walk
http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/...=kittywalk.mp4

By Anonymous
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-18-2011, 04:35 PM
It's all for them

Aww, the sweet little boy. I'm sure you know this, but for anyone else reading who may rescue a kitten, be sure to keep him separate from the others until he has been tested for disease.

Thank goodness you and your friend were out there, it just kills me that people can dump kittens like that. They'll get theirs some day.

Declawing: please read this first
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-18-2011, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

its horrible how people just dump them there, he went to the vet this afternoon cost me a pretty penny as i went to an emergency vet . he is definetly a little boy, he has no illnesses however he does have cerebellar hypoplasia

By Anonymous
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-18-2011, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

we named him zombie unless we think of something else later on. This came about as i wanted something that went with cemetary as thats where he was found. and hubby at first thought ceme-terry and use terry as short. but it just didnt work after a lot of thinking we came up with zombie ^_^ the first question i ever asked my husband was, what would u do if zombies took over the world? so it suited him sooo well, hubbys been emailing me questions all day i think hes starting to cave and we may keep him ^_^

By Anonymous

Last edited by Nibbler; 06-18-2011 at 06:15 PM.
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-18-2011, 10:09 PM
Betta Bomb

Aw congrats!! It's cute how he *erm* walks. Will this get better with help or growth? Or will he need stabilizing meds (if they exist?) The name is apt since he came from a cemetery and walks like that!! lol
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-18-2011, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple-Hops View Post
Aw congrats!! It's cute how he *erm* walks. Will this get better with help or growth? Or will he need stabilizing meds (if they exist?) The name is apt since he came from a cemetery and walks like that!! lol
my hubby offically caved tonight n said he can stay on certain conditions but we do plan to choose a name when hubby gets back its just zombie for now he wont get any better or any worst its the same thing as if a humain has it so there is no stabilizing medication. but they can live full and happy lives, just they fall more often like a new born kitten learning to walk and they twitch and shake when there happy or purring Id love to find a name that means warrior or champion or second chance but will see if hubby is up for it. suggestions for names are welcome

By Anonymous
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 02:55 AM
Adolescent Pup

I think the name is great. If it wasn't for fate u would never of found him and him wouldn't have survived long out there. I don't want to feel bad for him as long as he's not in pain...because he doesn't know there's anything wrong with him. He's just a lucky cat who has caring people to look after him now. <3 I believe in carma and a lot of good is coming to u and urs. <3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 03:42 AM
It's all for them

How about Anaru, that means warrior. And given your habit of nicknames you could call him Ru for short.

I agree he needs a strong positive name.

As he gets bigger elevating water and food dishes will help he eat and drink safely. You might want to make the water bowl very flat for now. The danger I am thinking of is if he falls into the water bowl.

Can he get into his litter box okay? Now that he's been vetted...when will you start the introductions? Seems the Universe is determined to keep you as a 3 cat family!

Declawing: please read this first
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 04:08 AM
Betta Bomb

I agree!! Just because Philly didn't work out. . . Little Warrior could teach your Alyson a thing or two about compassion for all creatures regradless of "disability". I think it's meant to be.
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 06:04 AM
is a little "special"

Awww, he is SOOO cute!! I vote on the name Mr. Wobbles.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 06:15 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebody View Post
How about Anaru, that means warrior. And given your habit of nicknames you could call him Ru for short.

I agree he needs a strong positive name.

As he gets bigger elevating water and food dishes will help he eat and drink safely. You might want to make the water bowl very flat for now. The danger I am thinking of is if he falls into the water bowl.

Can he get into his litter box okay? Now that he's been vetted...when will you start the introductions? Seems the Universe is determined to keep you as a 3 cat family!
he was introduced to them yesturday after the vet and they just love him where washing him and trying to play with him, i have the huge despense thingys for food and water and he uses those just fine and a small bowl for wet food for him that has a rubber grip on it he has no problems, as for the washroom he uses it perfectly well, i got him one of those throw away tray ones for now as hes just to short at the moment to get into our kitty littre box kimik cant even get into it yet im adding the name usuggested to my list we have like 5 boy names chosen so far lol have to wait till hubby comes back to choose the perfect one thou

By Anonymous

Last edited by Nibbler; 06-19-2011 at 07:24 AM.
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

hehe this afternoon zombie joined me on the sofa with my help of course to get up and fell asleep with his head against my arm his paw on my arm and he was still sitting up lol everytime i woke him up to ask him what he was doing not that i expected an answer hed purr and fall back to sleep in the same position lol

By Anonymous

Last edited by Nibbler; 06-19-2011 at 09:51 AM.