Galina's Advertureless Adventure - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 07:17 AM Thread Starter
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

Galina's Advertureless Adventure

Poor little Galina is going to be mad at me for weeks.

Yesterday I got this brilliant idea of taking Seamus' crate outside to put the cats in so they could enjoy some sunshine and I wouldn't have to worry about Gerona running off. Well, as I'm taking the crate outside, Galina darts out the door behind me. I set the crate down and turn around to see Galina on the steps and just then a HUGE wind came and slammed the door shut.

The kicker? My keys were inside and our door cannot be unlocked. The lock and door handle are one and the door always automatically locks when it's closed.

As soon as the door slammed shut Galina ran up to it and started clawing at it. She knew it was locked, too.

So, Galina, Seamus and I spent almost 3 hours outside waiting for Sami to get home and let us back in! Poor Galina was horrified. At first she was scared and crawled up in my lap to hide her head under my arm, but after 30 minutes of that she decided she was more ticked off about it than scared and got grumpy, spitting and slapping at me every time I moved to try and find a comfortable spot on the stairs.

So, while I know Gerona is a tiger at heart and loves the great outdoors, I learned yesterday Galina is much more content to enjoy the sunshine sitting on a windowsill or the steps--as LONG as the door remains open!

Just thought I'd share that little story with everyone. And let people see what a dufus I am!

My husband asked me why I didn't take the screen down on the small window that was open and crawl through it. Well, I'd much rather be caught locked out of the house than stuck in a window! Think how embarrassing THAT would be!

― Rowan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I've been frosted!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 07:43 AM
Part of the Pack

Don't feel bad I've locked myself out too! On our porch in the winter time. I had to wait from 7:30pm to 10:30pm while my husband was at class! I was freezing... and bored. No keys to the car.... no keys to the house....

I curled up on the floor with Coral and said keep my warm please! I kept looking at the kitty through the window inside, curled up on the couch. I have never been so jealous.

At least it was a nice sunny day for you!!!! My luck it would have started raining!

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 08:57 AM Thread Starter

It was partly sunny, but a bit chilly. I AM thankful it was NOT during a Finnish winter, though. I think I would have died.

Gerona stayed on the other side of the door watching me and wondering why GALINA got to be outside and not her. Occassionally she's slap at the door and look at me as if to say, "Crazy woman! Let me out, too!" Too bad she couldn't open the door for me.

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 10:25 AM
Just Call Me Oblivious!

I've often wished the cats could open the door for me!

That sucks that you got locked out. You don't keep a spare key outside at all? We used to, before my parents had individual keys made for us.

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 10:43 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Poor you.
Dont you know your neighbours well enough to stay with them?
A funny story about me getting locked out:
We had a small window that was quite old so if you smacked the side of it hard enough a few times the latch would flip open. I got locked out one day so I got something to whack it with. I put it str8 through the glass didnt I. Well at least I got in

My handsome Prince

Swirly, Squashy, Squishy, Spot, Star, Slash and Rocky

Indy and Myfanwy

Tilly, Emil, Sonny and Smudge
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-12-2005, 06:52 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvetrabbit
That sucks that you got locked out. You don't keep a spare key outside at all? We used to, before my parents had individual keys made for us.
I do NOW, Bex!

As soon as I got back in the first thing I did was go and get the spare key and hid it in the garden.

I know some of our neighbours. The ones behind us that watch after the cats were not home and by the time the woman got home, it was close to the time Sami came home so there was no point. And the weather was no bad, so it didn't do us any harm staying outside. Just made me a little sleepy.

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-12-2005, 06:54 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

rowan, rowan, rowan...

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-13-2005, 07:00 AM Thread Starter

Update:

Now when someone goes to the door, first Galina runs up to the door as if to say, "No, no! Don't go out there! It's dangerous!" And as soon as you open the door, she FLIES to the other end of the house and hides for about 30 minutes.

Poor baby is traumatised.

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-13-2005, 09:58 AM
Just Call Me Oblivious!

Awww, poor kitty!!!

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-13-2005, 10:03 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Poor girl! Aw well. Atleast you are all safe!

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-13-2005, 01:16 PM
Miss New Booty

Awwwwww! Oh no, you guys got locked out!!!
Poor Galina! She is tramatized now!

~* Jackie *~

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-14-2005, 10:44 AM
Aspires to Change Oil

*laugh* aw poor Galina!!

I suppose she'll just have to stay on the inside of the door from now on. :^D

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 12:48 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

HA! Sounds like something I would do.

Jenny, Zookeeper Extraordinare

Mom to:

Pooters, Gracie, Mr. Muggles McLovin It (all three Chi mixes), Angel (Lab mix), and Nina (Sheltie mix)

: Hollands: Peneloppy, Sunkist, Scooby, Toby, Timothy, and Dante; Jersey Wooly: Dini and Dana; Lionheads: Cricket, Tinsel, Missy, Mrs. Jingles, Winnie; Netherlands: Quasar, Amos, and Shutterbug; Havana mix: Colby; Fuzzy Holland Lop: Henry; Velveteen Lops: Prudence and Jude AKA Tigger

Fernando

Benny

Maverick (Bearded Dragon) and Panda (Leopard Gecko)

Lionel (Ball Python) and Arrow (Cornsnake)

Falcon, Sherbert, Razzle and Pearl (All Bettas)

RIP Arthur
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 11:10 PM
I'm A Blonde At Heart

this story cracked me up.

Before I moved to seattle 9 months I got locked out of my parents house. Its an old 1970's house and you can lift the windows a little bit to unlock them only if there open a little bit. The bathroom window was open and me who has never ever been a tom boy. Therefore I never learned how to climb anything not even a fence. I am even hesitent on latters. Any way my neighbors brother let me borrow his latter so I could get in. Then he sat on chair on and watched me... which according to my friend was quite hallarious. I was worried that I wouldnt fit through the window (mainly because i have a "ghetto booty") hes telling me to do some crazy metrix summersalt into my bathroom and I was scared (I am the biggest klutz in the world) that I was going to break my neck. So then I tried to to leg in first and put my foot on the bath tub... So after sitting on the window sill for about an hour I finally just went in. My neighbors brother told me that he wished he got it on tape, thank GOD he didn't it would be serious black mail footage!!!

Tags
poor kitty