The girls with their new cat tree - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 05:10 AM Thread Starter
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

Talking The girls with their new cat tree

Here is Gerona showing off the new cat tree that came in last week!

But of course ... what is THE most important thing about Mama and Daddy buying a new kitty tree? ...

The box, of course!

― Rowan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I've been frosted!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 07:44 AM
I Heart My Job

Lol! Very cute. That looks like fun for them to play on too.

sparkle->
shadow->

To seize the dragon is to face life.

I've been frosted!
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 11:20 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

My cats would never go near one of those.
Im sure they are not real cats you know.
She looks lovely

My handsome Prince

Swirly, Squashy, Squishy, Spot, Star, Slash and Rocky

Indy and Myfanwy

Tilly, Emil, Sonny and Smudge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 11:27 AM
Just Call Me Oblivious!

That is an AWESOME Cat Tree, Rowan! wow .

Our cats love boxes too, which makes it really hard to pack things up for the move, .

post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 12:12 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja_smurtles
My cats would never go near one of those.
Are you sure? I've yet to meet a cat that doesn't adore a cat "tree."

That cat tree is awesome!! Can I ask where did you get it? My cats absolutely love to scratch sisal. Much more than carpet.

Brenda
Caretaker of 2 dobermans,, 1 schnauzer, 5 cats, 3 goats, 1 parrot, 1 bearded dragon lizard, 11 chinchillas.
Rest in peace, Cricket, Casey, Bella, Yank, Chloe and Bones.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 12:32 PM Thread Starter

Brenda, I bought the cat tree from a Finnish catalogue called Ellos.

Sheryl, the first cat tree we bought for the girls they weren't wild about. It took them a few months and me moving the tree several different places before they decided they liked it. It's all about the location, you know!

As for this one, they were on it immediately since it has two perches and I put it right by the window. So now they can sit up there and cast their gaze over their domain. It's like their "Pride Rock," know what I mean?

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 01:45 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

thats a nice tree...they have osme at Costco here that range from 69-149 and we have been discussing it...Mama loves things like that (the box as well) just hard to afford sometimes lol

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 06:13 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

Awesome cat tree! I'm glad the kitties like it.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 07:55 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

It's beautiful! The kitties have been bugging me that they need a second one. They just don;t all fit on the one

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 10:58 PM
Tongue Tied..Literally!

Rowan, nice kitty tree! Of course the box can be equally as enjoyable!
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-18-2005, 12:05 AM
Tiny Grosskisser

The cat tree is awesome Rowan! Your cats are more awesome though.

I have to admit, when I brought home the first cat tree for them (it's literally like a tree!), Doodles didn't know what to do with it. She couldn't quite fit her fat cat behind on it. Hehe.

When I brought home the house (yes, that literally looks like a house!), the cats ATTACKED it. To this day it's still probably their favorite spot!

Karen

[

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-18-2005, 03:44 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

I dont know it just seems to me that my cats never do any of the things anyones cats on here do.
They dont like cat treats, cat toys and they dont run around like loonies or go toilet in the house.
Only Sonny likes boxes, maybe he would like the tree.
They never scratch anything except the carpet but only to get attention.

My handsome Prince

Swirly, Squashy, Squishy, Spot, Star, Slash and Rocky

Indy and Myfanwy

Tilly, Emil, Sonny and Smudge
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-18-2005, 08:34 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Chin Lady
The cat tree is awesome Rowan! Your cats are more awesome though.

I have to admit, when I brought home the first cat tree for them (it's literally like a tree!), Doodles didn't know what to do with it. She couldn't quite fit her fat cat behind on it. Hehe.

When I brought home the house (yes, that literally looks like a house!), the cats ATTACKED it. To this day it's still probably their favorite spot!
Poor Doodles!

The first cat tree we bought Gerona didn't like because she was too heavy and it wobbled every time she tried to climb to the top. So, it became solely GALINA'S tree. But this tree is more sturdy and even though Gerona sometimes has trouble fitting into the lower platform, she manages.

Sheryl, most cats like cat trees because it gives them a place to perch up high and watch everything around them. But, you could be right in that your cats simply might not like it. Nothing to worry about, as long as they're happy with things how they are. If I remember right, you have older cats as well, which means they don't have all that energy that they had when they were younger and might simply be too lazy at this point to climb up a tree.

Thanks for the comments on the tree, everyone.

The next tree on my list is a floor-to-ceiling tree. It's really awesome and I have a strong feeling the girls would REALLY love that one! But, it costs 128€ and I'm still saving up the cash to get it. Isn't that just life, though? We saw the tree we just bought in November last year and only just bought it now because we finally had some extra money--and this tree was only 52.90€. Along with it, though, we bought a kitty tunnel which SHOULD be coming in this upcoming week. I've got my fingers crossed it comes in soon and the girls like it as well.

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-18-2005, 09:19 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Awww....very cute. Cats looooove those boxes. I wanna get my kitties a cat tree, but I'm thinking of building one instead. It just seems more cost effective to me, cause I can build to my own, or rather my cats, expectations. But that is a very nice cat tree.

Because I was born in the South, I'm a Southerner. If I had been born in the North, the West or the Central Plains, I would be just a human being.
Clyde Edgerton
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-19-2005, 09:18 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovesmepets
Awww....very cute. Cats looooove those boxes. I wanna get my kitties a cat tree, but I'm thinking of building one instead. It just seems more cost effective to me, cause I can build to my own, or rather my cats, expectations. But that is a very nice cat tree.
I'd love to be able to build a cat tree, but Sami and I simply don't have all the tools required for such a task.

Plus, finding sisal rope and soft carpet-like fabrics here is difficult and expensive. Then again, almost everything in Finland is expensive.

― Rowan

I've been frosted!