Photos! Good news! And more pics! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Good news! And more pics!

Hi! And thanks to the people that responded to my last post. Just wanted to let everyone know that Stanley had a VERY successful trip home to NY with us. I'll admit that the cats back home were a bit of a bad influence and we had some minor tummy troubles, but overall he didn't seem too bothered.

So Wednesday we left MA with the car packed full of his things - litterbox, bed, favorite blanket, a duffel bag full of toys and treats, an herbal remedy for stress in cats I found at the local pet store, and a bottle of Nature's Miracle in case of accidents. Stanley stayed in his travel carrier the whole time, which I kept on his lap. He meowed a bit in the beginning, but then just settled in and enjoyed the sun coming in through the windows. I think that the sides of the carrier being mesh helped him feel more comfortable because he could see us the whole time. We had a few stops on the way before settling in anywhere, but he only came out once. At first we set him in the bathroom at my parents' house with his litterbox and his water dish. When he started scratching at the door and crying for us we brought him out to meet the family. The other cats at that house are both 7 years old, a female calico and a HUGE orange male who is part Maine Coon. The female didnt seem interested at all, she just kind of stayed out of his way. The male was not quite as nice. He is known for his 'talkative' nature, and he certainly had a lot to say in between hisses! Stanley didn't seem to be afraid, as he jumped right up on the back of the couch with him. We took him away immediately, and for the first time EVER, little Stanley hissed!

So at the next house, which is where we spent most of our time, we let him calm back down in the bedroom we would be sleeping, gave him the litter box and some food and toys. Again, he wanted to explore his new environment, so after about twenty minutes we heard him scratching at the door and crying. We brought him out and introduced him to everybody. Not long after he was trying to get the other cats to play with him, but it turned into him just chasing them around the house. He got lots of attention from everybody BUT the cats in the household. He did use his new hissing skills a couple of times, but was certainly not afraid of the other felines around.

He wore himself out and was happy to sleep literally wedged between his mom and dad, who happened to be sharing a twin sized bed. We didn't even have to use the herbal calm-down remedy! I was so proud of our little guy.

In not so good news, we came home to a message on the answering machine from the vet. His eyes have continued to bother him so we decided to have them swabbed and tested. As it turns out, he has kitty chlamydia, so we started him on Clindamycin antibiotics on Saturday, which he will take for the next 20 days. Does anyone have any experience with this medicine in cats or things to look for?

So, here are some more pictures for you! Hope everyone had a great holiday.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00109.jpg (51.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00132.jpg (49.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00136.jpg (54.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00141.jpg (54.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00142.jpg (53.3 KB, 4 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 08:54 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

can he spread his eye issue to the other cats in the house?

glad you had a good trip

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 08:44 AM
Playful Pup

Absolutely beautiful story! And what a beautiful cat he is! Thank you for sharing that!! Good luck and keep the wonderful stories coming! And more pics of course!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 02:04 PM
Hello Earthling

Awesome that he did great.

As for the chlamydia I just did a Google and yes it can spread to the other cats and to you, that their owner know that they could have caught it and keep an eye out.As for you and anybody he comes into contact with wash your hands and don't let him come near your face.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 06:56 PM

OMG! Your kitty looks just like my Tobee kitty we just recently adopted!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.