Goofy's Emergency Vet Visit - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-27-2003, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
I live in a Pigdom

Post Goofy's Emergency Vet Visit

Okay here is how my day has been.... I woke up at 4 am (head cold has started and am extremely congested), went to the feed store after I got the kids off to school, and came home and thought I would get to relax and snuggle with the pigs. NOT! I was just settling in and I hear my teapot set jingling. I know what it is, just didn't know who it was! GOOFY was on top of the refrigerator! I do the normal scolding from the living room and yell for him to "GET DOWN NOW"!

Well, to say the least he jumped down, just not very gracefully, i heard a not so good "thud" and run out there to check. He is just sitting there dazed and confused with a bloody nose! So I figure he did a face plant. I call the vet right away and schedule his appointment and they tell me what to watch for in the meantime. Can I say a panicing parent? YES!

We get to the vet and he looks him over, checks his eyes, ears and mouth (making sure he didn't crack his pallette) and he gives us the thumbs up. Goofy has a puffy nose, and a clot of some sort in his nose he has to work out (sneezing when he is awake) so he has been such a loving kitten since the visit and won't leave my side much less my chest! But I am soaking it in, he deserves the cuddle and I can feel any movements he makes. I just have to watch him til tomorrow close to make sure he doesn't start acting "funny".

However I am finding all this sleep "funny" it's not normal, much less the having to be DIRECTLY on top of me. Should I start worrying about all the sleeping? I don't know!

Adopt a pet today!
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-27-2003, 09:41 PM
Erin

not sure if the sleeping would be a panic sign or not, always best to make sure to let the vet know. I'm sure being hurt probably makes him want to sleep a little more though.

I'm sure glad the vet gave 'my' cat the 'he;ll be ok'

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-27-2003, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
I live in a Pigdom

I also hate the sneezing when he is awake, it sounds horrible!

Adopt a pet today!
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-28-2003, 12:23 AM
mydogsrmyangels

Angry

Aww poor baby, I hope he feels better soon. You kind of reminded me of what our house sounds like. "You better get down from there!, off of that!, or out of there"!

I'm sorry I'm not good for any advice, I haven't had a cat since I was little so my mom was the one that took care of them. I'm pretty clueless when it comes to cats.

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-28-2003, 02:24 PM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

I know when my cats are sick they sleep more, maybe the discomfort has them tired? I'd call the vet to make sure-see what he says!

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-28-2003, 02:47 PM

I would say what Capn has already said ....
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-28-2003, 09:37 PM Thread Starter
I live in a Pigdom

Happy to report that Goofy is 100% back to his normal self. He slept all day yesterday and is playing tag and rough housing with his sisters and brother.

Adopt a pet today!
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-28-2003, 10:34 PM
mydogsrmyangels

Angry

Glad to hear it! You know, he has to make up for lost time!

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-29-2003, 11:38 AM

I am so glad!

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-29-2003, 12:15 PM

I am glad to hear that he is fine. Wahoooo!
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-29-2003, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
I live in a Pigdom

Here is Goofy, Spanky and Baby resting after rough housing all morning. Look at my angels.

Adopt a pet today!
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-29-2003, 02:04 PM
mydogsrmyangels

They look so cute!

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-29-2003, 03:40 PM

awww so cute! my new smiegel looks kind of like goofy!

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-29-2003, 04:59 PM
Erin

that is such a sweet picture!

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-11-2003, 01:29 AM
It's all in my head!

What an adventure. I am fairly lucky with Shadow that she doesn't go climbing up for the high points. Glad your kitty is okay.

Cavy slave to Mama Christie, Scruffy, Sno pig and Harry.