Grazed cat - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 03:38 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs down

My little cat Ashley came in with two nasty grazes - one on the top of his head and one to the side of his face. I 'phoned the emergency vet and they said it wasn't a problem, just to rinse it with warm soapy water every day, maybe some peroxide, which I have been doing. The one on top of his head has healed just fine, but it is 6 days later and he keeps knocking the scab off the one on the side of his face, making it bleed more and I think the graze is getting bigger What can I do? The vet is so unhelpful, how can I stop him scatching his face? He seems fine in all other respects, going out as much, big appetite, as cuddly as ever...

Thanks guys, I am so worried

xxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 03:42 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

First thing I'd try is an Elizabethan Collar if the only problem is him scratching and not a secondary infection. Your vet should have them, or you can try this instruction sheet on how to make your own:
http://www.petalert.com.au/faid/faa5.php

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 05:45 AM Thread Starter

Thank you

Thank you so much, I will make Ashley a collar and if things are not better within 24 hours INSIST the vet sees him.

xxx

Tags
emergency vet