Had to take Ewok to the vet yesterday... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-24-2004, 02:17 PM
Romping Ratties

Had to take Ewok to the vet yesterday...

From my journal so I don't have to type it all out again LOL!

Yesterday I had to take Ewok to Cat Care as I thought he had a foxtail in his eye. I was like, oh great! Yet another trip to the vet. So anyways, we get there and they give me the estimate. His eye looks really bad. Three days ago Dan pointed out to me that Ewok was squinting, but I thought it would go away. The next morning we woke up and it looked twice as bad as it did the night before so I knew something was wrong. We couldn't take him in that day thought because we had to go to Portland to pick up Dan's dad. We were gone all day and when we got back home (at 8 PM!) I immediately checked on Ewok. He looked the same but not any better so I knew we had to go to the vet. I knew it wasn't Herpes as he has all his shots (neutered and vaccinated, tested etc. while I worked at Santa Clara) and isn't do for another two months or so. In fact, my little boy just turned ONE on the 14th. Awww. I am not sure of his exact date of birth since he was a rescue brought into Santa Clara that I took from a lady to bottle feed, so that's my best guestimate.

Anyways, back to the story. So I call up Sean thinking they could get me in that day. They are not my regular vets but hey I used to work there so I thought I would call there first considering Cat Care usually fills up quickly. Well they didn't even try to fit me in and it was first thing in the morning. So I called Cat Care and thank god they had a drop off slot left. So I was trying to clean the cat carrier, take a shower, talk to my mom and friend on the phone etc. I had to be there before 12 noon so I had to hurry up as fast as I could. Kelsey got here at like 11:40 and we sped away to cat care.

So we get there and they give me an estimate. They included anesthesia just in case. Without anesthesia it would be $99 and with, around $129 and up. Thankfully they didn't have to sedate him to look into his eye. He can be an jerk at times but thankfully they said he was a very good patient. So they examined him, did the Fluorescein stain and didn't find any foxtail or foreign body which was good. They washed his eye out and gave me some Vetropolycin HC ointment for his eye and I can't tell you how much better it looks so far! The swelling is almost completely gone for the most part and my baby is getting back to normal. Kelsey picked him up for me so I could take a nap. He was yowling the whole way there but she said he was really loud on the way back. He was so thankful to be home. As soon as I opened the carrier he bounded out and ran to me for kisses and cuddles. He was purring so loud and just so happy to see me and be out of the vets office.

So it turns out he was scratched, most likely from Cheetah as he constantly terrorizes her wanting to play, but she wants nothing to do with him. Maybe now he'll learn to just leave her alone. Although I do feel bad for him since he only wants to play. If he gets too close she swats at him, so I know it was her who scratched him. He already looks so much better though, so I am happy it was a quick fix!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-24-2004, 02:23 PM
Miss New Booty

Ohh no!!! Poor Ewok!!!! How scared you must've been! And that must've been so painful for Ewok!! I'm so glad he is doing so much better, Cass!! Give him head scratches from me!!!!

~* Jackie *~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-24-2004, 02:29 PM
Romping Ratties

Thanks! I am so glad he is feeling better! I hate to see him all uncomfortable like that. he kept pawing at it. In fact, when we got home Thursday night he was very listless. You could just tell he felt umcomfortable. I am just glad it was something simple. Almost all the swelling is done and he's back to his old active self again. Now I know he loves me though! He was so happy to see me when he got back. It made me happy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-24-2004, 02:55 PM

Awww poor Ewok. I'm so glad it was an easy fix, and he is on the mend already. Kitty cuddles for ewok.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-24-2004, 05:41 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

awww poor ewok. Glad to hear he is better!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-24-2004, 06:00 PM

Awww.. thats so sad! I'm glad you found out what was wrong. That must have been hurting!!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-24-2004, 07:07 PM
Romping Ratties

Thanks everyone. It did look painful. Not too bad, but he was pawing at it a bit. He's taken his meds like a pro though and doesn't mind me putting the ointment in his eyes at all.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-24-2004, 09:11 PM
zoe

You should try giving a hyperactive bunny eyedrops! o_O Talk about difficult!
Hope your kitty is better soon. Ewok is a cute name btw
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-24-2004, 10:43 PM
Romping Ratties

Aww, I am glad you like his name. He looked like an Ewok when he was little LOL!

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-25-2004, 01:08 AM

Aww, what a good kitty, I'm glad it wasn't too bad
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-25-2004, 11:20 AM

Poor little guy. Glad to hear it wasn't anything worse. Give the little guy a for me.

Tags
regular vet