Hair balls - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006, 05:03 PM Thread Starter
Fluffy Chimphead

Hair balls

i am writting this after my baby soxxy hacked up a hair ball and i am wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how we can prevent hairballs. I have ben brushing both the girls daily and sometimes more then once, we also have them on cat chow indoor formula to try to help with the hair ball situation but it seems like at least once or twice a week one of them seem to get hair balls and leave a mess on the floor or worse in my bed.

if i notice that they are bringing up a hair ball i go to her and try to calm her soxxy will let me touch her and once she is done she tends to fall asleep in my arms where as tigger tends not ot let anyone near hear and sounds like a goose most times so we stand just inside the room she is in and talk to her to calm her and that seems to help. But i hate hearing them doing that is to me it looks like it kinda scares soxxy (soxxy is kinda jumpy). DOes anyone have advice on things i can do to try to help the hair ball issue

Mum to 1 sweet angel Skyla
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and 3 little Furry monsters Tigger (Wiggers)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Soxy Butt (toxic)
and Button (Butt Head)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006, 07:52 PM
Adolescent Pup

vaseline or hairball treatment on the paws, they make food specially for that.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006, 07:57 PM
Guarded by Waffles

I use laxatone and wrap Xena, the cat, up in a towel like a baby and give it to her by putting the laxatone on her little nose and she eats it up, and wipes it on me

Christine
Mommy to:
2 cats: Suess and Jezebel
2 horses: Winter and Junior
3 dogs: Panda, Maggie, Snoopy

And the rest:
5 cows, a bull and one mean buffalo

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

Check out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
Fluffy Chimphead

the food i have is suppose to help with hair balls but doesn't seem to be working. we have tried a few differnt foods that are suppose to control hair balls and none of them seem to be working for my girls. It seems more like soxxy is having the hair ball problems. I will have to try the laxatone not sure how well tigger will take that though cus she doesn't like to be held much so i may have to figure out a differnt way to give it to her.

, Soxy Butt (toxic)
and Button (Butt Head)
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006, 09:38 PM
Guarded by Waffles

Well Xena HATES being held and thats why we wrap her up. We actually use two towels because she usually gets her paws out of the first one. Once they are wrapped up TIGHT they usually calm down

Christine
Mommy to:
2 cats: Suess and Jezebel
2 horses: Winter and Junior
3 dogs: Panda, Maggie, Snoopy

And the rest:
5 cows, a bull and one mean buffalo

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

Check out
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006, 09:27 AM
Adolescent Pup

thats why with vaseline or hairball treatment, i grab a paw and smear it on 2 paws when mine would lay down and clean herself. they lick it off

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006, 09:44 AM
SwC
Part of the Pack

I also use the Laxatone and just put it on the top of her paws. It's usually based with a Tuna flavor anyway so she laps it up with no problems. Works much better as opposed to holding them. They dont like thier paws dirty anyway so they clean it up!! I give it weekly as a preventive also as she has a lot of problems with hairballs (long hair angora/tailless manx).
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
Fluffy Chimphead

i got the laxatone and soxxy but didn't even let me get it any where near hera nose she licked it off my finger before i could touch her nose where tiger i had to put it on her paw since she wouldn't let me put it ner her nose but once i got it on her paw she was fine and licked it off.

, Soxy Butt (toxic)
and Button (Butt Head)
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 08:58 AM
Adolescent Pup

Great should help her now.