Has anyone made their own cat trees? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-07-2003, 12:51 PM Thread Starter

Has anyone made their own cat trees?

You know, those real expensive things you see at different supply stores. I have to design one for my parents for Scott to make, and need ideas.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-07-2003, 02:10 PM
Erin

Piggiemommy(Jenn) has made a cool one for her cats, I think she has some pictures of it that she could share.

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-07-2003, 02:12 PM
cheetahcapri

I have two home made ones, I will take a picture of them and show you. We used what we could find around the yard and some used carpet..or rugs...or floor matts. I will post them later for you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-07-2003, 02:12 PM

I haven't made my own, but I was JUST thinking that today at Home Depot that it would be easy enough!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-07-2003, 02:19 PM
cheetahcapri

Ok this is the one we keep in te house, it's smaller and doesn't get in the way.

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-07-2003, 02:19 PM
cheetahcapri

Here is another veiw:

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-07-2003, 02:21 PM
cheetahcapri

Now this one doesn't look as good anymore because it's the cat's outside one so it gets weathered a bit, LOL

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-07-2003, 02:22 PM
cheetahcapri

Here is a side veiw, now that i look at the picture....MY husband needs to get his butt out there and clean up is junk he has all over the yard...my husband the real macanic..LOL

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-08-2003, 09:20 PM

Ok, stupid question. What did you use to attach the carpet? Did you glue or staple gun it? Thanks! I'm thinking of making my own too. The prices are so exhorbitant for the big ones I want.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-08-2003, 10:08 PM
cheetahcapri

Oh I know you have to pay almost a couple hundred dollars for anything really nice and really big. I had to use nails for the one I used floor matts for becuase they where really thick, but i used a mixture of small nails, staple gun, and hot glue for the other one. Only because I used carpet, and cloth on it. Hot glue is great for the light stuff and nails or staples for the heavey stuff(and anywhere they sharpen their nails at, that way they don't pull the carpet off while doing it.LOL)

Some really good things to use are...logs, large heavey cardboard tubes, 2x4, 4x4, and any odd things laying around, the carpet and cloth is used to ceover ALL the ugly parts, LOL or misshaps in my case. LOL

Good luck!I used boxes to make those sort of house areas too.Where they can go into and sleep or hide. Let me know how it goes!!!

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-09-2003, 11:34 AM Thread Starter

Thank you so much. I especially like the ones that you have for outside.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-09-2003, 03:57 PM
cheetahcapri

Yeah, I thought since we have two cats that love to be out side all the time I would give them something...they love sitting at the top and swatting at the dogs.