Hatchet Going Out. - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 02:37 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Hatchet Going Out.

So Hatchet is supposed to be a strictly indoor cat.

However one of the screens/windows in one of the rooms is broken and I am waiting to get it fixed,but it is hard to get in touch with my landlord...anyway Hatchet figured out how to get out through it.He never gets out when I am home...but when I go out,I always return to Hatchet outdoors.

He is supposed to be getting fixed at the end of this month and he DOES have tags on.Also my neighbourhood is pretty quiet with generally nice neighbours,except for a few odd ones.Actually one of the first nights I came home to find Hatchet gone and I couldn't find him anywhere.Turns out,one of my neighbours found him (he never had tags on then) and brought him in her house.But when she found out he was mine,she was relieved that he wasn't a stray or anything.But another good thing,he doesn't seem to stray far from here.

Anyway till I can get the window fixed,what should I do?
Should I nail the window shut? This was a suggestion from my family and it may very well work.I think thats what I am gonna do.

It seems he only does this when I go out somewhere.
I come home to find him out.If I am home,he don't do this...so I am thinking it is seperation.

I am gonna buy some nails tommorrow and nail the window shut.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 06:52 PM
Hello Earthling

THE ALL MIGHTY DUCT TAPE
Ok,I just had to say that. He's a very adventurous kitty.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Hehehehehe! The funny thing is...alot of other members might not get that statement!

Anyway he got out again and my neighbours took him in.He did have his tags on,but because I don't have a phone right now - my mom's number is on it,so they called my mom apparently.But at least they held on to him.

They have two cats who hang out on the roof.Well I went out and Hatchet was up on their roof.As soon as he seen me,he started mewing and climbed down the closest tree to get to me!

Anyway I ended up hammering a nail into the wood by the window,so the window cannot be pushed open for now...so no more sneaking out!

* Lisa *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 10:07 PM
私は靖巣あなたを愛してI ♥ Yasuki

That is good, maybe if you want to teach him to get used to a harness and let him out on the step on leash with supervision, That is what the neighbors do with Muffin, he is on leash on their deck on nice days for fresh air and always with someone there to watch.

// k a t ((d)) 猫ちゃん ☆~(ゝ。∂)
私は武井靖巣あなたをして

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 05:52 AM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

I might do that.
I was looking at harnesses yesterday.
He is also getting fixed at the end of the month/early August...I just need to make the appointment.I got my voucher from Ruff Spots!.

* Lisa *

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 09:13 AM
Betta Bomb

i try to convince mom and sandra to harness train Mama and Illusion b/c they always want out but they say "no,b/c then they'll always want to be out".....so whatever..Glad the lil munchkin cant get out anymore,i did worry for him when you were out but you do know what it was,right? he wanted you to be home b/c the ghostie bugged him to death when your out and the only one left to annoy was the cat so Hatchet found a way to escape the scary monster-your method! getting out of the house!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 10:37 AM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

LOL! Yeah.
My neighbourhood is not too bad tho,so I wouldn't worry about him as much as I would at your house/neighbourhood if he got out.You know?

Illusion and Mama wanna get out anyway! So it wouldn't make a difference if they were harnessed and out.I might get one for Hatchet.

Now that he knows he can't get out through the window anymore,he has been crying and bawling to go out!
It was funny,he never really tried when I was there...but now he does! Because he knows if I don't let him out,he can't get out anyway.But no,I don't give in.He stays indoors.

* Lisa *

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-19-2008, 12:13 AM
私は靖巣あなたを愛してI ♥ Yasuki

They should harness train I think, If I could with mine I would then at least they can go out in nature supervised

// k a t ((d)) 猫ちゃん ☆~(ゝ。∂)
私は武井靖巣あなたをして