Hello - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-20-2004, 01:02 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Hello

I am new here and I paint animals...
Mostly dogs, but my own pet, a kitty, is a bit jealous!

More to come!
dj*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-20-2004, 01:43 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Aww! lol Very cute pic!

*Brandy*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-20-2004, 02:40 AM
Miss New Booty

Awwww!! What a beautiful picture! I just love your painting!!!!

~* Jackie *~

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 12:01 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

In my defense

I got a reputation after my third post asking if I do anything besides paint animals.
Well, really no.
....I paint people.
I have one cat who is healthy and fat and I like four legged people, but don't breed them or show them, I just like them.

I spend most of my weekend mornings at a local juice and pet bar called IN THE RAW here in Phoenix where one can only stand being out side from about 7 am to 10 am and I meet and mingle with a great crew of dogs.

I paint mostly dogs because they get out more.

My cat's dad is a local character and he hangs around outside greeting everyone with a belly up. I am going to post my paintings of my animal friends because they are good guys and I try to catch their personalities in paint.
Here is Oreo, often called "dad":

I thought the artist members here who paint cats and dogs and their pets would like to compare notes with me.

I have an article coming out in the Pastel Journal on how to paint animals and have a lot of tricks up my sleeve.
I would be happy to share them with any of the other artists in the group and hope whatever misunderstanding I created with my pictures will be overlooked.
I thought you would enjoy sharing photos and paintings with me.
If I stepped on toes, I am sorry.
dj*
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 12:10 AM

I don't see any problem with you talking so much about your paintings. They're really good, but you don't seem to be bragging or boasting. And you're not offering them up for sale. So I see no problem. I guess some folks do?

Also, I don't see how it's any different from everyone else showing off their photos of their pets and animal friends! Goodness knows we all show off our pet pics. I think paintings are more interesting than pics. Keep sharing your paintings - they're fun to look at!

I wouldn't worry about the negative ratings. I don't much care for this reputation system but, I'll live with it as long as PT is a fun place full of great people. Someone complained about one of my first posts as well, though it didn't alter my reputation at all. They said I sounded "holier than thou" when all I was doing was sharing my opinions on dressing up dogs. I didn't think my tone in my post sounded "holier than thou," but what can you do?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 12:22 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Thumbs up

Roz, you'e my kinda woman!!
Nice to meet you!
dj*
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 12:29 AM

Lovely to meet you! I look forward to future postings of paintings. It seems to me that you really capture the essence of your animal friends in those paintings. They seem alive to me.