help - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
I'm A Blonde At Heart

help

so this weekend my cat got out twice, the first time saturday morning when my dad cam over. i opened the door to see what he was doing and trinity that little bugger snuck out in between my legs. i closed the door not knowing she got out and i was looking around the house for her thinking hum where did my cat go i opend the front door. she was just sitting there like come on mom lets play lets look around. i am guessing i was really lucky she didnt bolt.

Then yesterday, my parents where over and my mom accodently het her out. my mom was saying she looked like she was about readyt o leave. now this really worried me, my cat is really tiny, she sorta looks like i dont feed her but i do shes just super small. shes less then 5 lbs and shes about 6 months out. theres an exstreamly busy street about a block from my house. there also a lot of stray cats and ferrel cats in my neighborhood. also my neighbors let there cats outside. i just dont want my cat to get hurt. my friend and i bought a harness and a leashe and im thinking that this might have contributed to her exstream wanting to go outside (well actually shes always wanted to outside before the leash and harness). but now that she has been out its a constant battle. i know you guys say to scold with spraying i dont know if that works. im trying to get my cat to stop scratching my furnature (she has a post she perfers my furniture). and well when i get the spray bottle its now a game she just runs away and then goes back over the furnature.

if there way a way for me to scold her without spraying her what is it. because if she gets outside im scared shes going to get really hurt or killed. something i was thinking about doing was putting her in her kennel (she hates it) or is that not a good idea? like a time out, we used to do that with my dog but now she hates the kennel and its really hard to kennel her.

any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 07:01 PM
Part of the Pack

I confine my cats in a room when anyone is over the house or whenever I have to open the door. My cats would bolt too even if they are strictly indoor cats. I usually just grab my cat and tell him no in a firm voice...it works really well on him but he holds a grudge. As for the furniture, have you tried soft paws? They sell them at petsmart and petco and I've heard they work great. They use to just sell them through your vet but now they put them in those stores.
Also, water bottles seem to work better on my cats when they're on stream rather than mist, with the stream of water being really cold. It worked great when I had to get them to stop fighting.

My babies...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 08:10 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

You can scruff her and give a firm NO when she makes for the door. But you have to do it as she is doing it. Not after you've chased her for a hour and brought her back inside. Or she won't know what you are scolding her for. You may want to consider microchipping & collaring her (if you don't already) just incase she gets out for any long period of time again.

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Come drop by!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
I'm A Blonde At Heart

yeah i saw those, i was concerned about the glue but if the vet used to sell them then yeah ok i will get them... my poor chiar is starting to look like it needs a little pick me up

Tags
indoor cat, indoor cats, stray cats