Help - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-17-2002, 06:10 PM
scrumpy280

Angry Help

Hi, I have a problem with my 7 year old cat. He is very vocal and meows a lot. The worst time is in the morning when I am sleeping. He has food in his bowl. I have a squirt bottle next to my bed but even that is a pain in the neck to have to wake up and squirt him!
Does anyone know what I can do??? I'd love to keep him outside my door and close it but he will sit out there all night and MEOW!
HELP!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-17-2002, 06:26 PM
Fertile Myrtle

Is he neutered?

Wife to an amazing man,
mom to three wonderful kids (9, 5.10, 4),
2 dogs, 3 hermit crabs and 2 bettas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-17-2002, 06:52 PM
scrumpy280

Yes, he's neutered.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-17-2002, 08:26 PM

Is he part siamese by any chance? I have two that are part siamese and love to talk. Has he just started it, because if he just started it and if he does it during the day at all(cause you don't want this at night lmbo) you could try putting pebbles or pennies in a can when he yeowls if you are close shake it and tell him quiet or no. If he is a ways away, toss the can in his general direction (not at him lol). It worked for my one cat and my other cat talks at more appropriate times that isn't so disturbing. Hope this may helps. The main thing is to make sure that he is not reminding you that it is dinner time when you toss the can. Use it when he is just being a pain. Mine would wonder around the house for absolutely no reason meowing.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-17-2002, 08:32 PM

Also does he have access to his litter box, could he be asking to get out of your room. There is usually something that they want. Check everything before assuming that he is being a pain in the neck. lol. I say this as my cat "trouble" started doing this all of a sudden and i thought he was just copying the other two and as it turned out when i really started to watch him i noticed him go to his litter box and start to strain and meow. So i took him to the vet and 500.00 later we found that he had a blockage due to crystals in the urine.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-17-2002, 09:24 PM
scrumpy280

Hi, thank you for your response. I will try the can of change. As far as the litter box being handy, I leave my door open so they can come in and out of my room. Wish me luck, thanks.

Tags
litter box