Help! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-18-2008, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
Fashion Animal Freak :)

Exclamation Help!

We have had out 2 kitties a while now and they use their cat litter box really well they are around 5 months old and we noticed their beds always smelled of pee they have one main bed that they sleep on at night and well they are doing big PUDDLES of pee all over their bed and the blankets we give them. they never do it anywhere else but their beds and GOSH the house stinks with urine its so strong we have threw out one bed already and we have no more cat beds so they are sleeping on pillows with blankets and guess what we came home and 2 BIG PUDDLES of pee all over the blankets gaaaa its so annoying because it stinks and we are running out of blankets and beds, beds are so expensive!!! what can this be can anyone please give me advice on how to make them stop it!!!!??.

Rip Novo, Mummy Loves You x
"To close your eyes will not ease another's pain."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-18-2008, 05:08 PM
Hello Earthling

Have they been fixed?

If not get that done A.S.A.P

Also take them to the vet to be checked out for UTI which could be making them pee everywhere.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-18-2008, 05:31 PM Thread Starter

Seriously that could be whats making them do it?
They have to be 6months over here to be fixed.
we are getting them done tho so dont worry!
they only pee on their beds nowhere else at all we have checked everywhere because they have free run of the house.
they are house cats and there bed is like beside their litter tray could this be the problem?

Last edited by clairebee1; 10-18-2008 at 05:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-18-2008, 05:47 PM
Dinky Gerbilelbow

Do they have a bed each? It could be a territorial thing....they like to have their own place to "go" so maybe try a litterbox each? Other than that getting them fixed should help. Try spraying the things they wee on with orange spray after you clean it up that should deter them......

*Carla*
I
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
my animals!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-18-2008, 06:36 PM
Hello Earthling

If they aren't fixed they could be marking their territory. Have them fixed as soon as their old enough which may stop them, and obviously not let them add to the cat over population.

Also I would get another litter box or 2 and put them in areas where they are peeing, so they'll see it and know its there.

Have them checked for UTI which while I was trying to find how to stop my foster kittens from peeing everywhere- could be a problem because cats will associate the pain with their litter box.

Quote:
Peeing and "marking" are two different things. Peeing is what cats do when their bladder is full. Marking is done when a cat wants to tell another cat "This is my property". You can tell the difference between the two by the position of the cat. Peeing is denoted by a normal squatting position over a hole dug in the dirt. Marking is denoted when your cat is standing, tail straight up and flickering, and the urine comes straight out from their behind and hits the wall (or object) about 10 to 12 inches from the ground.

Marking is done by BOTH male and female cats, although males do it more regularly. You can curtail this behavior by having your cats spayed and neutered at 6 months of age. If you wait longer than that, it is more likely they will develop the marking instinct. Cats who are allowed to go outside will develop this instinct, males more so. Usually, they will limit their spraying to the outdoors, but may spray inside especially if there has been a visit inside the house from a stray cat in the neighborhood. Cats will also spray when you are introducing a new cat into the household, although kittens are not very provoking. To avoid marking, keep your cat indoors. I never had a problem with this until my four cats were allowed to go in and out, and I had two males and two females. They still never did it inside the house until we had an un-neutered visitor. Keep your house clean, and you will keep this potential problem at bay.

If your cat is peeing on the floor, or around the house, she may have a urinary infection, especially if she is doing this frequently and/or you see blood in the urine. Take her to the vet to determine if she is healthy. Antibiotic pills will cure it and you will be much happier, as will she. Other causes of peeing are soiled spots on the carpet, dirty cat boxes, or poor potty training. Clean soiled spots on the carpet with an enzyme cleaner such as Nature's Miracle, and keep her away from the spot until it's thoroughly dry. To fix poor potty training, she must be locked in a small room (the only time this is OK) with her cat box when you are not home and at night for a few days so she will know what she is supposed to do. Cleaning the cat box is important. Some cats require a cat box cleaning daily in order for them to go in it. Others are more forgiving and will let you get by with three to four day cleaning intervals. Again, keeping your house clean will help avoid this problem provided her peeing is not a health issue.
http://www.willasark.com/cattreatment.cfm

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 11:08 AM Thread Starter

Thank you so much i will look into everything !
and dont worry that have been booked in for weeks to get spayed