Help! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-14-2009, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Help!

I knew that eventually we'd run into this, but I'm not really sure what to do. Stanley, who is just about 7 months old, is reaching a point where we have to get him neutered. The problem is that the vet won't neuter him until he's through with his antibiotic regimen to get rid of the chlamydia (makes sense). In the meantime, we keep catching him attempting to 'make love' to our blankets, bathrobes, towels...whatever's soft and fuzzy. He's not spraying, and not overly aggressive, I'm just unsure what to do about it! Obviously we can't let him do this...but I don't feel right disciplining him for something that his instincts are telling him to do, you know?

I'm just kind of at a loss...it should only be another month at most before we are able to have him neutered. Any similar experiences/ advice/ etc???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-14-2009, 08:49 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

I wouldn't worry too much if he is only doing that.
Every once in a while Tyler (who was fixed at 6 months and is now 17 years) will do that to Bean. I just gently push him off of her. I think it annoys her when he does it.
I was told to do that if the buns did that when we were bonding them. Teddy has his special "friend". He is not nearly as playful with his "friend" as he used to be.
Good luck - and it will be better once he can be nipped.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 10:47 AM
Newborn Pup

I couldn help but laugh at your post....I am sorry!! My two cats went through this when they were younger and they were the same age and two boys!! Garfield would mount sooty and surprisenly sooty would lay thre and purr....its just something they do, your gonna have to ride it out (pardon the pun) and wait till he gets neutured!!