Help- Cat urinating everywhere - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-13-2003, 01:06 PM
Autumn

Help- Cat urinating everywhere

My cat has been urinating outside his litterbox. Usually it is on my boyfriends clothes. He has even urinated on his feet while my boyfriend was using the computer. Lately my cat has been peeing on the rugs and the sofa. He is out of control! I have taken him to the vet twice for this problem. They do a urinalysis on him and it was always negative. My cat usually stops peeing on everything for a while and then he starts doing it again. Any advice?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-16-2003, 12:49 PM

Has he been neutered? If not that might fix the problem.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-16-2003, 03:42 PM

What has changed recently in the household? Did your boyfriend just recently move in, or start spending more time there? It sounds like your cat is telling you he is jealous. When you clean up the items the cat has urinated on, use white vinegar, and totally drench the area with it and let it dry, this eliminates the enzymes in the urine that draw cats back to that spotto urinate again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-16-2003, 08:56 PM
Miss New Booty

I agree with Phoenix. I have been having a problem too, but it's because I got a covered box and my Snuggles has never had one before and he decided he didn't like it! Is your kitties box covered? Have you tried putting out 2 boxes? Sounds like a behavioral issue to me, too. Here is a good article I found on feline house soiling.

http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body...e_soiling.html

We got this awesome thing called the litter robot. It is a self cleaning dome, its great. Problem is, Snuggles was mad (about the cover) and started peeing on the floor. It's in our carpet now, and we are trying everything to get it out. I have closed off that part of the room (the box was in the closet) and they can't go in there anymore, and I added the old regular box in addition to the robot and I don't see any urine on the floor now. He keeps getting attracted to the smell and if the closet door is accidently left open, he goes in and will pee! Phoenix, I think I will try that white vinegar!!! I have used Natures Miracle and Simple Solution, and the smell still isn't all the way gone. Snuggles only does this in one spot mostly. I would maybe discuss this with your vet again, my vet said if Snuggles behavior persisted this way, there are medications they can be put on for a few weeks, to modify this behavior.Also, there is this stuff callled Feliaway that I learned about here from Dena. Here is the thread when we were talking about all this. http://www.paw-talk.net/forums/showt...threadid=14383
Hope I could help!

~* Jackie *~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.