Help for listless kitty please! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

Help for listless kitty please!

`Hi..hope someone can help..we have a little Persian named Petite who has been like a kitten for nine years..and has an unbelievably sweet disposition..very affectionate and friendly usually. A month or so ago she had a little upset with being sick..vomiting and we took her to the vet college here and she stayed the weekend with bloodwork ultrasound, xrays.. the lot..and came home better (to the tune of $600 +..but well worth it!)..Now she seems to be not 'herself' again..listless and was trying to get up a hairball it seemed but not much luck for the past couple of days. I am really getting worried, but we don't want to take her back to the hospital if we can avoid it..if it is necessary of course..we will spend our last cent on our baby but..I wonder what it might be. The last time they did not find anything and we really spent the money for them finding absolutely nothing in the end. Although it was good to know that there was no obstruction or nothing wrong with her blood so in that way it was money well spent. Its just that we can't afford to spend money if it is not necessary although I am so worried I almost dont' care..should I give her the Tonic Lax to lube thru any hairball or what?? Confused in PEI...help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 09:55 PM
ani

She isn't constipated or anything is she? Does she seem to be going the same (poop and pee)? I think you should try the hairball stuff. Also my cat gets very listless this time of year because of the heat. Also see if she's drinking her water so that she's not dihydrated or anything.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-09-2009, 12:20 AM
Dinky Corsetkisser

the one rule I go by with all my pets is if there is a change in their behavior, a sence that something isn't right, I go to the vet...it really sounds like a vet visit is what is needed. Do you have a regular vet? If so going to them will or should be cheaper than a pet hospital, or at least it is here where I live. I really hope your baby Petite gets better...keep us updated

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-10-2009, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

Petite seems to be perking up a bit; hard to tell really; she is still not herself but is eating some and she is still peeing some anyway..oh dear..always on a weekend when it is more expensive. Thanks for the advice and concern so far..really appreciate it.

Tags
cats, persians, unspecified ailment