Help my cat D: - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 10:36 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Unhappy Help my cat D:

Hey there Paw-Talk, I'm having a pretty bad issue with my cat. Recently she ate a small piece off my Xbox headphones and she hasn't been the same since she has done this. She vomited white foam and was lethargic. I took her to the vet and they said "It's nothing too serious but she is dehydrated and it looks like she has back up in her intestines" They gave her an anti-biotic shot, gave me a laxative and some dehydration medicine which I have been giving her 3 CC's of the dehydration and 3 CC's of the laxative a day. It seems like she is getting better slowly but surely, she stopped vomiting white foam and is acting less lethargic than before. At the moment she won't eat she only drinks water, and occasionally uses her litter box. She is still vomiting what seems to be stomach bile and after she does she acts lethargic for about 30 minutes. At night she hides under my bed and refuses to come out unless she has to vomit but during the day she occasionally hides. Can anyone tell me what is going on because I have not dealt with cat's like this before.

Also one thing I missed...I am force feeding her some soft food and using the medicine sering to get some chicken broth in her mouth, she does swallow that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 01:55 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I have no advice, other than take her to a new vet. This is serious. . .
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

is there at least anyone here who can tell me what she has symptoms of other than what the vet said?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 05:47 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

I'm sorry I have no idea. Has she passed the thing she ate? Like..did it come out in her feces?
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

no she hasn't done number 2 for a few days now...but she has urinated. The other day she did vomit up a...very very large hairball. As of now since she isn't eating I'm force feeding her chicken broth but I read on another site to mix wet cat food with water and sering feed them that. I just got a lot in her...she fought me of course.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 06:14 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Again, get her to the vet again, or try a new vet. It doesn't seem like the blockage has come out since she hasn't pooped for a few days. Personally, I would stop feeding her tomorrow and take her into the vet on Monday, and see what they say. Vomiting consistently like this is a bad sign, especially when paired with laxitives but a non-pooping cat. . .
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 06:30 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

I'd definitely suggest force-feeding the wet cat food vs. the chicken broth; especially if the chicken broth is store-bought instead of home-made. Store-bought has a LOT of salt in it for preservatives.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Update: Pepper is doing a lot better now, I talked to one of my friends parents about what they do for their cat's and they suggest 3 cc's of mineral oil a day. I started giving her that and a high calorie thick sweet milk to coat her stomach and within the next two days I saw drastic results in the way she was acting. She started acting social with me and my parents again and didn't hide all day. Then that night she sat next to me in my 2nd chair near my computer and at 1 am she walked to her food bowl and started eating by herself again. It's gotten better from there.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 01:25 PM
Adolescent Pup

Has she gone to the bathroom yet though? That would be my major concern.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

yup shes been using her litter
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 11:01 PM
Playful Pup

The most concerning thing is that she could have a piece of foam in her intestine. Did she have an xray taken?

Tags
cat, lethargic, not eating, vomiting