Her Skin.. - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 01:40 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Her Skin..

I don't know if I'm in the wrong forum part or not but right now I'm too worried to care.

A couple weeks ago my cat, Jasmine was spayed.
She was able to reach her stitches even with a cone on and it got infected.

We went back and they put staples in and gave us anti-biotic.
We noticed a clump of fur on her skin that seemed sticky and hard.

Week three, on,.. today, we went to get the staples out. But before that we noticed that clump was gone, and her skin there was all nasty looking. At the vet we told them about this and they shaved away some of her fur to see it and it was actually a large area that seems.. infected. So they gave two shots (Steroid and anti-biotic)
Gave us MORE of that same anti-biotic from last week (I don't see how it'll help if it wasn't helping it last week?) and some stuff to clean off the area.

I have a picture but it won't let me give the link because I don't have enough posts... sigh... i'll go do those posts and then show the image.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 03:17 PM
Playful Pup

Aww... I hope she gets better!

The Gang!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RIP MOJO
<3

The 'Goo's

The Terminator Fish~ Backwards Eddie
& more!

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 05:44 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Thanks. :/
I've been thinking about it a lot and discussing it with my mom. We're thinking it could be a reaction from antibiotic shots they gave her. But why wouldn't the vet think of that? Bah.. anyway this 20 post thing is going painfully slow because I'm too shy to post around. XD

Tags
cat, infection, issue, skin