Here's My Cat's Halloween Costume! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 02:08 PM Thread Starter

Here's My Cat's Halloween Costume!

Here's Kirby in his Halloween costume! Ever since he was a kitten, he has loved this halloween bag to play in. He loves to play hide & seek and often falls asleep with his head in this bag! We got Kirby one Halloween early one morning when I heard a knock on my door, the day after I had discovered that my Halloween yard display had been vandalized. I had put a sign out in my yard pleading for who ever had taken my decorations, to please return them, so when I heard a knock, I was hopeful that I was getting my things back... instead, I found two little girls with two adorable kittens that were half frozen, dirty little ears and who were terribly hungry. My husband & son were gone on a trip and I already had plenty of cats, but my heart went out instantly to these two kittens. It was foggy out and the little girls were cold too and said that they had searched all morning and that nobody would take the kittens and their own mothers said that they could not keep them. I took them in right away and to my amazement, so did all of my other cats! It was like they were just meant to be. And when my husband and son got home, I didn't hear any fuss, only got smiles!

Here is a picture of our Halloween display last year. It looks foggy because we run 3 foggers for effect which make it so much more fun. We didn't get everything put out last year because we were just getting moved into our new house. It gets better. This year, we are adding more foggers. My kids just love it. They enjoy handing out candy more than going trick-or-treating, which is great, because I need the help! We got over 250 kids last year that came to our house to trick or treat. Alot of them come to ask to stand in front of our house to take pictures. We really feel honored.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 02:14 PM
Dinky Gerbilelbow

OMG that is brilliant!!! We dont really do anything for halloween as my son is terrified by people in costumes etc for some reason lol x

*Carla*
I
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
my animals!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 02:26 PM

Wow! Not only is your cat adorable, but your Halloween decorations are amazing!! I hope I can have decorations as cool as yours some year!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

thank you so much!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 07:50 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

He is adorable and his story is precious. Isn't it amazing when they just settle right in like that?

And I love your Halloween decorations. We enjoy doing it up for Halloween as well. We only have 2 foggers right now but we do have strobe lights and of course scary music.
Have you ever used dry ice? I would like to try it this year. Most kids don't even want to approach our house because my husband dresses up. I had to run down our drive way to give a poor little boy his candy. He was actually running away. My dad comes over too. He always loved to dress up and scare kids.
Ahh...gotta love Halloween

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 09:37 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Aww so precious.

<3My "Fur" Kids<3
*Rascal, Avalanche: Doggy's*
~Dixon Chance: Cat~
<>Fortora Farms Grey Arrow: Mini Colt<>
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 11:07 PM Thread Starter

kathydip... we have used dry ice inside at our parties before, it is so much fun, but you really have to be careful with the kids around, so for our outdoor displays we have stayed with foggers and kept them roped off and out in the middle where they can't be touched because they get hot. We have strobe lights too. They are focused on the skeletons coming out of the graves.... erie! We have the cauldrons with the wind blown flames, the whole bit, it's great to see, I've not had the time to dress up. I have always tried to keep it on the spooky, yet tame side because my smallest was always a little leary of things, but he is getting braver each year. He is getting to the "let's get scary and gory" side now and I am having to talk him into keeping it tame! I don't want to scare off all of the little ones! Hee hee. He wants to hide in our graveyard as a dead person or as a skeleton and "rise" when the trick-or-treators come so he can scare them! Boys will be boys! What happen to my little person who "I" was protecting? They grow up so fast! Even the decorations he is picking out are getting a little on the gruesome side! Gooey eyeballs, fingers for the grave yard, yuck! But the kids love it. We have three sections to our display, the graveyard, the pumpkin patch & the ghosts playing & get together. What does your husband dress up as? Do you have any pictures you can share?