Hi... My name is Shadow - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-06-2005, 10:09 AM Thread Starter
Formerly known as Lvnmycritters

Hi... My name is Shadow

Hi my name is Shadow. I'm 6 months old and have been living with my family since May. I was a barn cat kitten who was taken in by my farm family to rehome. I was so shy that I spent the first 2 weeks at my new forever home in my boys' bedroom under the bed. But Mommy didn't give up on me and after 2 days she was scratching my chin while I ate and at night I was meowing cause I was so scared so Mommy would sleep on the bed above me and listen to me purr. I quickly learned to love her because she was there and so gentle.

She would let me come out of the room after the first week and I would stay real close to her but only upstairs by what I concidered my room. If she moved around a lot I would run back under the bed and hide. My boys would come in and lay on the floor until I would come out and then they would pet me so softly. They were noisy but I got used to them real quickly and they love to play and wrestle with me.
Mommy introduced me to Moose my dog brother real slowly. He wanted to sniff me and play with me but he seemed real big then and very weird looking. I found out real quick that he loves me and just wanted to get to know me. Now I pounce on him when he tries to nap or just walk past me. He's a funny old dog!

Once I was comfy in my home I started being silly. I would run up at night and paw at Mommy's nose while she sleeps. It makes her wake up and cuddle with me when I feel lonely. This is also useful when I want her to wake up to get me breakfast!

I run up and bite her ankles and her hand comes down to wrestle with. She is pretty much my play toy, I like her better than any of the toys she constantly brings home. She is so proud of me because I like to catch bugs and leave them around the house for her to clean up. I even caught and killed a shrew in the basement! I am good. I earn my food and board or so she tells everyone!

I love my home and all of the people who come to visit! I am the king cat and all who live with me are my faithful minions. It's a good life

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-06-2005, 10:24 AM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

awwww Hi Shadow. What a pretty kitty.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-06-2005, 11:02 AM

Shadow is beautiful! He's not really a long hair but look at that tail! I'm glad he has fully adjusted to your home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-06-2005, 11:30 PM
I'm A Blonde At Heart

Your cat is very pretty, looking forward to seeing more pictures of Shadow

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2005, 12:34 AM
Part of the Pack

Shadow is so handsome

My babies...

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2005, 08:06 AM Thread Starter
Formerly known as Lvnmycritters

Thanks! I know he isn't truly a longhair, but his tail is amazing! He is so soft and fluffy, plus his little personality is adorable. I'm having a tough time from getting him a little cat friend to play with, but I can't afford it right now. Maybe next year,but by then he won't want one!

My personal life is a bit of a disaster right now and he knows right when I need him and he always shows up to distract me from my sadness. He is quite a little God send.

Cats rock!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-18-2005, 04:16 PM
Newborn Pup

Aww such a cute cat, but well I am biased as I love black cats. Our Eviecat is Black and Gorgeous too.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-18-2005, 05:03 PM
Aspires to Change Oil

aw, its soo nice to meet you Shadow.

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-18-2005, 06:30 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Cute cat, thanks for posting his pic..

Steph ~ Owned by 4 bunnies and 5 degus..

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble
attribute of man." Charles Darwin

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-18-2005, 10:06 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

so cute

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

Tags
black cat