High Quality Wet Catfood - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-26-2004, 12:00 PM Thread Starter

High Quality Wet Catfood

I usually feed my cats dry food only, but now that one of them is temporarily eating wet prescription food, all three cats expect wet food every morning! You should see them beg, I've never see anything like it! I don't mind giving them a little wet food in the morning, especially since one of them has digestive issues and my vet said wet food helps keep things moving. I can't keep feeding the prescription food though because it was $6 a can!

Does anyone know of a high quality wet catfood? I won't buy Iams and my kitties don't like Nutro for some reason. Any ideas what I should try?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-26-2004, 12:00 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Have you checked to see if Felidae has wet food? They have high quality ingredients in their dry, I'd assume the wet would be the same.

Did some googling:
http://www.canidae.com/

FELIDAE Canned Ingredients

Chicken, Turkey, Chicken Broth, Chicken Liver, Ocean Fish, Lamb, Brown Rice, Eggs, Sun Cured Alfalfa Meal, Sunflower Oil, Lecithin, Nutritional Yeast, Rosemary, Cranberry Meal, Kelp, Plus Vitamins and Minerals.

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-26-2004, 12:19 PM Thread Starter

That sounds like a good food. No animal by-products. I did the store locator thing and its sold at a pet store right down the street from me! Thanks, Jade! I'll probably give that a try. I might get their dry food too since the stuff I'm feeding now is hard to find.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-26-2004, 12:54 PM

We took in a stray kitty, who btw is Pregnant and I bought her the Felidae and in just a short time she looks great. Its great feed.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-26-2004, 12:57 PM
Miss New Booty

I know what you mean, LOL My kitties LOVE the wet food!!! They hear me get out the can! I am giving Snuggles a little wet food and sprinkling his medicine on it, and Ginger and Smokie have to get some food, too, I couldn't say no! I give Snuggles his in a seperate room, and there they are waiting outside the door!

This Felidae sounds great! Another great food is Wellness! I feed my cats Wellness, they were sooo picky on foods, and they love this one!

Here is their site, also with a store locator, if you wanna check it out!

http://www.oldmotherhubbard.com/

Also, my cats love the canned Natural Balance by Dick Van Patten. This is available at Petco now!

http://www.naturalbalanceinc.com/products/catfood.html

Hope this helps!

~* Jackie *~

Last edited by kittygurl823; 07-26-2004 at 01:00 PM.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-26-2004, 01:00 PM

yep Wellness is awesome too. I went with the Felidae cause it was a bit cheaper.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-27-2004, 01:46 AM

Sometimes I really hate being over here, We can not get the food we want, I don't like Eukanuba and really don't like Iams (anymore) and well we did switch the cats over to Royal Canin, however it's so expensive over here and when you have a total of 7 cats/kittens in the house right now it can add up.
Oh well maybe eventually I can decided on a decent store bought brand that they do sell here and will have to keep them on that even when returning back to the states.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-27-2004, 03:29 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Jackie, all three suggestions sound good! They are all sold nearby too. I'll probably run down to Petco before the wedding and grab some Natural Balance. I'll try the other foods when I have more time!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 02:27 PM

Wysong makes awesome wet cat and dog food. The food is 100% meat. For example, the Chicken Au Jus consists of:
Chicken, Chicken Liver, Chicken Heart, and Water Sufficient for Processing
Here is a more specific link to the cat foods.

Tags
cat food, dick van patten, dog food, dry food, pet store, royal canin, wet food